2008 Mazda 3s exhaust upgrade

4-timer

:
2008 Crystal White Pearl Mazda 3s Hatchback
Missing my Mazdaspeed 3, but enjoying my new daily driver Mazda 3s. My first upgrade was the exhaust and I've used Magnaflow on so many of my cars that it made the most sense to do a custom exhaust for my latest ride using the parts as noted in the video.... I like the deeper sound Magnaflow provides.... and this is still not burned in - just installed yesterday....

Missing my Mazdaspeed 3, but enjoying my new daily driver Mazda 3s. My first upgrade was the exhaust and I've used Magnaflow on so many of my cars that it made the most sense to do a custom exhaust for my latest ride using the parts as noted in the video.... I like the deeper sound Magnaflow provides.... and this is still not burned in - just installed yesterday....

That's very similar to the custom system in my MX5. My system is a bit louder, possibly because the 90 degree bend from the factory was replaced by a fairly straight pipe connected to a massive Magnaflow muffler. The sound is not as deep as the Magnaflow system in my MX6 GT or son's old Civic CX, but it is definitely "aggressive".

nice, magnaflow makes a good muffler. I have one on my inline 6 528i and it sounds great with the secondary cat delete.

the exhaust doesnt actually have to "break-in." that is the ECU learning the new part and adjusting fuel/ignition timing ratios to compensate for the modification in exhaust flow. this process takes roughly 300 miles and full throttle pulls help the ecu learn better, but I advise against full throttle for the first 100 miles. this will be loud, but for real exhaust gains I recommend you do a cat delete and ECU tune.

Back