O'Brian Mazda in Fort Myers FL.

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
2014 CX5 check engine light came on and engine proceeded to run poorly and stall at stop lights. I called Mazda and talked to a service person named RAY. He gave me instructions and I had the car towed to O'BRIAN MAZDA in Fort Myers FL. (My local dealer). Upon arrval I contacted Ray. They asked if I could wait for an hour or so to see if they could analysis the problem and fix it and if not fix it today they would rent a vehicle for me. 1&1/2 hour later they gave me my keys and said the vehicle was fixed. They described the problem with the Mass Air Flow system, replaced it. Said they were sorry I had the problem and sent me on my way. With all the talk about bad dealerships, I thought I'd remark on my experience with O'Brian Mazda in Fort Myers FL. I feel this is an outstanding dealership. Edward HAyes

Good dealers are still there and we just have to find it. I also aware a good service rep is important too. I found one in my Mazda dealer and told all my friends with Mazda's only mention his name for dealer service. So far none of them is disappointed with the guy.

I noticed O'Brian Mazda in Fort Myers, FL. is not on the "2016 Mazda Gold Cup Award" list. Hopefully they'll be next year by keeping up the good service like Ed experienced.

My Mazda dealer, Town North Mazda in Richardson, Texas, is on the list.

I noticed O'Brian Mazda in Fort Myers, FL. is not on the "2016 Mazda Gold Cup Award" list. Hopefully they'll be next year by keeping up the good service like Ed experienced.

My Mazda dealer, Town North Mazda in Richardson, Texas, is on the list.

I wanted to get my car from Town North but never got them to quote a price to me. Always "I will make it worth your time" - whatever that meant.

I see Hiley is on that list - not surprised as they are huge. Hoping I will go to one of these two.

Ed - Just out of curiosity, are you running a stock air filter? If not, what you got?

I wanted to get my car from Town North but never got them to quote a price to me. Always "I will make it worth your time" - whatever that meant.

I see Hiley is on that list - not surprised as they are huge. Hoping I will go to one of these two.
Town North Mazda is the oldest Mazda dealer in Dallas area and they run business still in an old fashioned way. They have plenty of loyal customers and they're not trying to compete too much with many new Mazda dealers in the area. But when we wanted an exact Sonic Silver CX-5 GT AWD with Tech Package, they're the only dealer willing to give an extra effort looking around other Mazda dealers from many neighborhood states. When there's nothing available, the sales manager was willing to search the inventory of Mazda's port of entry in LA, and eventually found one which was still on the boat coming to the States. With all of these extra efforts, they still matched the email price from Hiley who was only willing to sell CX-5's in its lot.

I know a forum member did the special order of his CX-5 from Hiley in Arlington. He got his new CX-5 but he was disappointed that his salesman was no longer there when his CX-5 arrived and nobody could help him resolving some issues he had at times. On the other hand, the turnover rate of salesmen at Town North is very low. My salesman is still there today and he was helping a friend of mine bought a new 2016 CX-5 FWD GT with Tech for merely $27,500 including all the incentives!

Actually you should try Classic Mazda in Denton who is also on the "2016 Mazda Gold Cup Award" list. They have pretty new facility and are closer to your Lewisville location.

I think there are a lot of great dealerships out there, all over the world from all different mfg's.
The experience each person has I think is very subjective and generally when someone has a good experience they dont say too much about it unless someone specifically asks.
However if someone has a bad experience, they tend to tell the world.

Our local Mazda dealer here, we had visited 3 times over the years when shopping for our CX5. The first 2 times were not such a great experience and really turned us off of the place. The 3rd time, I went in there just to take a look at something in the showroom and was planning on talking to another dealership in a neighboring city to make a deal. I knew they were going to want to chat etc so I was very standoff-ish with them, even though they were just doing their jobs, I wanted them to know I was not there to chit chat and play around. The sales manager stepped up and came over to see what was up, he was very good at his job and was able to get me talking. Next thing I know I am coming back from a test drive and sitting down in his office to talk numbers. They worked very hard for my business and in the end it was a great experience.

The next time we visit to buy again, who knows what the experience will be like :)

I run a stock air filter leexxx418. Why do you ask?
I believe the reason he's asking is the problem of your Mass Air Flow system could be caused by K&N oiled air filter.

Yep, that's it.

Not just the K&N question, though... any kind of contamination that either comes from, or makes it through, the air filter can bugger up a MAF sensor.

Back