audio upgrade questions

redbroyer

:
Mazda 5
ok.....I said I'd have questions, here goes. :)

I am looking to upgrade the head unit and speakers in the 5. I have been looking at different options at various locations (Crutchfield, Best Buy, Amazon, and Car Toys). I am finding a bunch of different options and have always wanted to go with a more popular/name brand unit (pioneer, JVC, Kenwood, etc).

in this thread http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123831660-Post-Pics-of-your-Aftermarket-Mazda5-Stereo-Setups/page5 I have found more than a couple people using the android head units. I am curious about the different experiences that some of you have had with these android head units. I know I could post in that thread and ask Whitegrill5, Typhoonk123456, Vasy, etc....but I felt that I wanted to get a broader audience and not clutter that thread up with questions. I stumbled across this one and it looks very similar to a couple in that thread http://www.seicane.com/2009-2012-mazda-5-android-gps-navigation-system-with-dvd-player-radio-mirror-link-multi-touch-screen-obd-dvr-rear-view-camera-tv-3g-wifi-usb-sd-bluetooth-ipod-s168005 . it appears to me to be a lot like the knock-off china made android tablets that are a lot lower of a price point than their Samsung counterparts. how have these lasted? any regrets? they seem to be feature rich, but I am wondering about quality....

also, for those who have just upgraded the factory 6x8's is that enough for this vehicle plus a smaller amp (45 watts RMS per channel) to get decent sound?

thanks in advance!

Hello I have a 2014 5 and I upgraded my speakers and added a cerwin vega B 54 1200 watt amp to factory stereo and 2 sub woofers infinity basslink and underseat infinity small basslink and sound deadened all doors and floor board ! I kept factory stereo to retain features I have jbl tweeters on door piler and infinity 6x8 kappa (682.11) and it sounds awesome!! I had Jbl gt 786 6x8 'a in it but was as clear a sound so switched to the kappas the only thing I have left to do is sound deadening the roof , I hope this helps with your plans if I decide to change head unit probably use a pioneer 5800 it has incredible amount of features if anybody has questions don't hesitate to contact me

I upgraded and amped my speakers and still found the sound lacking.I redid each component on my van one at a time, headunit, upgraded speakers, amp, sound deadening, subwoofer. I found the best bang for my buck ended up being a good head unit (I went with kenwood) and an actual subwoofer to fill in the low end. It seemed to me sound deadening and amping better door speakers did make a difference, but not as much as the first two. Just my two cents.

I upgraded and amped my speakers and still found the sound lacking.I redid each component on my van one at a time, headunit, upgraded speakers, amp, sound deadening, subwoofer. I found the best bang for my buck ended up being a good head unit (I went with kenwood) and an actual subwoofer to fill in the low end. It seemed to me sound deadening and amping better door speakers did make a difference, but not as much as the first two. Just my two cents.

I'll like to keep my mazda 5 simple, and easy to restore to factory if need be.

so I started with an aftermarket android unit. Still works great even though it is using android 4.2.2
I recently upgraded the front speakers in the doors to 6 1/2 infinity reference. Yes the fit, I just needed to make a spacer to fill in the little gaps. Sound great.

my next step is to see if I can locate a sub/amp combo that can fit inside the spare tire. I've seen them in nissans and some other import vehicles, but I'm still researching that one

Your post couldn't come at a better time. Didn't want to remove the OEM stereo in my 2013 MZ5 as it would cause damage to my interior dash kit. Would like to know more about the sound deadening your using. Where you acquired it, any installation advise etc..
Regards

The aftermarket will have big improvement on the audio quality. Last time, I upgrade my car stereo with the Xtrons double din car stereos and it work perfectly.

The aftermarket will have big improvement on the audio quality. Last time, I upgrade my car stereo with the Xtrons double din car stereos and it work perfectly.
Is XTRONS good? i have been recommended by my friends and watching their new product for Mazda 6, 9" IPS screen and built-in DSP which is the most important thing, but i have one concern, on their website it says the unit does NOT support the BOSE amplifier system, i emailed XTRONS customer service and they advised BOSE would work with an adaptor. Just want to know if anyone ever installed an xtrons unit in Mazda 6 with bose. some advice will be appreciated

Latest posts

Back