Video - changing rear wheel rotors and brake pads

kulkarnipb

:
2012, CX-9 Touring
I recently changed rotors and shoot video of it, so new beginners ( like me ) will benefit from it.

Here is the video for rear wheel rotor replacement -

Thanks for making that video. I watched parts of it before I tackled the job just to see if there were any tricky parts. My wife's CX9 had about 140k miles on the factory pads/rotors and finally needed replacement. Nothing was terribly difficult. I was worried the rotors were going to be a pain to get off, but a couple smacks of a hammer and they came off. I did drill out the screws that were holding the rotors on. About 20 seconds of drilling and they were done. The hardest thing was the parking brake adjustment screw. They were a little stuck, but I eventually got them to move.

One comment that was made on YouTube about the antiseize. You put the antiseize on the parking brake surface. That can't be good for the holding strength of the parking brake. Besides that, good video and thanks for posting it.

Thanks for the post. Doing rotors/pads in the front this spring (again), and rear rotors/pads for the first time on my cx-9. Any thoughts on make/model of rotors/pads? Last time I went Centric E-coated with the posi-quiet ceramic. Thinking of going either all oem, or Centric E-Coated with Centric semi-metallic this time.

Thanks kulkarnipb, but some suggestions:

You shouldn't add anti seize to wheel threads, see video:

Also like others have said you should not have added anti-seize to the rotor/parking park surface, you will have no friction on your parking brake bads

That Permetex green lubricant will make your caliper pin rubber boot swell, it's no good, you should redo and get new pins with rubber boots and use Sil Glyde, eventually the rubber boots will swell and pop out and dirt will get into the pins and the brake will squeal, see video:

Last edited:
Back