Help!!

Bryphianne

:
Mazda cx-9
I have a cx9 2011 FRONT WHEEL DRIVE model done 110k on the guage notice making grinding/whining noise coming from left side front wheel ONLY after driving for a while say after 15mins of driving and ONLY when slowing down without braking and also louder noise turning right. And its not constant noise when accelerate it goes away..
I've check the cv shaft and service transmission all ok...
Can someone tell me what else to check im hoping its not the gearbox where noise coming from.. Thanx kind regards

I have a cx9 2011 FRONT WHEEL DRIVE model done 110k on the guage notice making grinding/whining noise coming from left side front wheel ONLY after driving for a while say after 15mins of driving and ONLY when slowing down without braking and also louder noise turning right. And its not constant noise when accelerate it goes away..
I've check the cv shaft and service transmission all ok...
Can someone tell me what else to check im hoping its not the gearbox where noise coming from.. Thanx kind regards

Maybe a bad wheel bearing? Jack up car and see if there's any play in the front wheel when you move it back and forth, search YouTube for how to detect bad wheel bearing videos.

Thanks for the reply,, i did that yesterday checked up and down movement and left to right movements feels fine...
I'm hoping its just the bearing ill check one more time need to use some sort of stethoscope to hear it behind the disc rotor .. I'll let you if it is... Thanks again

Mines st 150k was same symptoms. Straight line speed/freeway driving, no noise. Grinding noise only showed up on slow left/right hand turns. Replaced my worn front brake pads and still same noise. Turned out to be bad right front bearing. Had shop replace both bearings for little under $400.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The front hub bearings have a limited life span of about 120,000 miles. Both of mine needed to be changed around then. Not too pricey.

Back