2017 rated 35mpg on highway !!!

CX9ner

:
2013 cx9 GT
So quietly we never hear about what is lost in new year of the car.... How did secretly 2017 Mazda6 lost 3 mpg and is now rated below a lot of competition down to 35mpg!!!!

EPA changed its testing procedures, most 2017s are losing 1-3mpg compared to their 2016 numbers.

Also, there is probably some additional weight from the added sound proofing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've NEVER gotten 38 in my 2016. So far after 14,000 miles was 36mpg driving around 70 mph and basically no passing or hard throttle use.

Mazda 6 was rated 40mpg now dropped to 35mpg , is Eloop capacitor still offered in US) ?
5mpg loss is huge !

I guess diesel with say 45mpg hgwy and 2.2L turbo could make sense now :)
So maybe it is Mazda making room for it's diesels ???

EPA us to use 55mph with accelerations and breaking procedure to get 40mpg

Mine does not have iELoop. It was rated at 38 mpg highway. Best I've ever gotten is 36 but that was at around 70 - 72 mph with mainly using cruise control.

at 70mph that's correct , EPA uses 55 mph as highway speed .

Point is Mazda 6 was rated 40mph with I eloop , now it is rated 35mpg so from best in class it is now one of the worst in class in MPG rating !

There are many many cars that are rated better ... Huge VW Passat is rated 37mpg....

That's a helluva jump considering my 2003 P5 get's 32mpg on the highway. So says repeated 6hr trips to and from my hometown. That's also on a smaller fuel tank now that I think about it, yeeeeeouch.

I just picked up a CPO 2014 m6. It says I am getting 40 or even more on the highway with crusiing speeds 70-80 mph. Sounds way too high but I am not complaining. Been driving it three days and the fuel bar hasn't even gone down a single notch yet.

I just picked up a CPO 2014 m6. It says I am getting 40 or even more on the highway with crusiing speeds 70-80 mph. Sounds way too high but I am not complaining. Been driving it three days and the fuel bar hasn't even gone down a single notch yet.

Same situation here, but I'll have to check manually.

Back