Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1988 323 Station Wagon, KLG4 swap build

Registered Member

I had hoped to have made more progress on this lately but things haven't really gone to plan

My girlfriend rolled our Ford escape so that put a damper on my little project, she walked away from the crash without a scratch and the escape has survived to see another day

So in the meantime I did a little photoshoot with my daily driver, a rare 88' 323 GT with a factory B6T in it

I still have plenty of things left to finish on the wagon and I will most likely do some small things very soon..... like build a battery box and make an ECU mounting bracket etc..... but the major things.... like a complete brake job, including all 4 calipers..... will have to wait until the new year since I have two little kids that need to be spoiled at Christmas time lol

1990 Turbo KLZE Festiva - Enough Said
    2008 Ford Escape
    1989 Mazda 323 GT

02 Mazda P5

Wow, hope she's doing ok. That's some scary shit.

MSP HEADLIGHTS, MSP DOOR SILLS, MAZDASPEED AXLE BACK, S2K ANTENNA, REAR WIPER DELETE, FRONT PLATE RELOCATOR, TEIN COILOVER/STRUT SUSPENSION, OBX HEADER 4-1 W/ FOULER TRICK, K&N DROP IN FILTER, SPORT SHIFTER BASE, FRONT LIP, DIY FOGLIGHT MOD, COMPASS/TEMP MIRROR

......................... i12drivemyMP5's Avatar
    Donated: $5

323F

Cool stuff...........not the flip thing.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by 915_P5 View Post
    Wow, hope she's doing ok. That's some scary shit.
    Ya man definately is some scary shit, neither one of us has ever been in a crash this bad before, but thankfully she only had some sore muscles for a few days and right back to feeling 100% again

Cars can always be replaced
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2003.5 MSP

Sweet cars man and nice work! Makes me miss my old 323 turbo..

Glad to hear nobody got seriously hurt in the crash.

Registered Member

Winter sucks

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

I'm finally back into this project and I've decided that the body on my 323 GT is no longer roadworthy so I decided to upgrade the wagon more by switching the GT interior and the power windows into the wagon

As you can see there's parts everywhere

Nothing left of the doors/interior

But the windows are working in the wagon!!

https://youtu.be/ssch7-GDfeQ

Next up is the passenger doors and to get the rest of the interior back in

Registered Member

The complete GT interior is now in the wagon which includes all the grey pieces to get rid of any signs of the old blue interior

Time delayed interior lights
    Tilt steering
    Power mirrors
    And my favourite, power windows!!!

......................... i12drivemyMP5's Avatar
    Donated: $5

323F

Bitchin..................more pics

Registered Member

Once I'm done parting out the red car, I'll finally be able to get the wagon back into the garage to get it finished and roadworthy

Then the racing videos will soon follow lol

Registered Member

So I finished stripping the GT down and ready for the scrapyard, it's a very sad sight but here's the final pictures of my GT

Since the wagon needs a windshield, I kept the one from the GT, we just cut the roof and under the cowl

R.I.P.

But now the wagon is back inside the garage, first time in months

First order of business is the much needed brake job, 3 out 4 calipers were sticking, wheels bearing were making a hell of a lot of noise so it was easier to just change the entire front knuckles since the GT got a complete front brake job only a few months before I stopped driving it

And the also good rear calipers and brand new ebrake cables

When installing the rear calipers I inspected the rear wheel bearings and found metal shavings throughout the grease, so next up is to install new bearings

In the meantime I've also installed the OBD2 port

Registered Member

I got the new wheel bearings installed and the next step is to fix an oil leak on the engine

Turned out to be a cam seal and once I pulled the valve cover, I wasn't happy with what I found.... milky oil....

So instead of replacing head gaskets, it'll be less work to replace the engine which I'm picking up another engine later today

But I did get the battery fitted into the rear panel, just needs a tray to fasten it into place now

Registered Member

Picked up the new engine last night to add to the pile lol

now to get it installed

Registered Member

To hell with photobucket!!

I got the new engine installed, tweaked a few of the small things to do on the car, got the ECU mounted

Only thing left is a battery tray and windshield and this car is ready for the road

Here's a YouTube video of the car now

https://youtu.be/5yVkL4ZvcHk

Registered Member

So I recently got a GoPro so I wanted to make a short video with it, it'll be awesome for when I take the wagon to the track

https://youtu.be/an05T26sZoQ

And testing out imgur for hosting pics

One more step finished, custom battery tray

The last mock up before paint

This is just to show the pieces I welded to the car that the tray bolts to

The tray itself

Bolted in place

Once the battery is in, I made this plate to slide into a slot in the front of the tray to lock down the battery

And the finished product, i plan on cleaning up the battery still since it's out in the open like that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast