Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Autolock not always locking

Quote Originally Posted by CraigW0LV View Post
    *post edited for brevity*
    Every other car manufacture has figured it out.
    Really?
    https://www.civicx.com/threads/walk-...-useless.2365/

Honda's works EXACTLY like Mazda's does. The system's are so similar you'd think the same company made it.
    I am gobsmacked you are getting a new car over this....

Quote Originally Posted by kaps
    I think he is 100% on money. I complained to my Mazda Rep on how the AC vent chrome trims were going to kill me one day, they are offering me an upgraded Trim (any color choice) GT + $5000 or a 2017 one when it comes out.

I will take a the GT once I come back from my vacation to Syria.
    LMAO! Guys disagreeing with Kaps... did you read his whole post?
    It's ok... his sarcasm was lost on me when I first started hanging out here.

Registered Member

2016 CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by MyFirstMazda View Post
    The Sport trim does not have this feature. You have to push the buttons on the FOB to lock and unlock the car.

Thank you! Now I can sleep! I was questioning if it did have it yesterday when I noticed it doesn't have the small button next to the key hole.

Now on to getting a second fob done at a ridiculous price!

Registered Member

CX-5

Glad other people have the same issues I have. Mine is about 1-10 times it doesn't work, which isn't good when 10/10 nights someone is checking my door handles to see if my car is unlocked (I park on an urban street). Had all my stuff stolen last week.

Just can't understand why there are so many apologists for a feature that doesn't work right on a $30k car. Would you complain if your lane assist didn't work 1/10 of the time?

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by dldude View Post
    Glad other people have the same issues I have. Mine is about 1-10 times it doesn't work, which isn't good when 10/10 nights someone is checking my door handles to see if my car is unlocked (I park on an urban street). Had all my stuff stolen last week.

Just can't understand why there are so many apologists for a feature that doesn't work right on a $30k car. Would you complain if your lane assist didn't work 1/10 of the time?
    Sorry about your stuff. That happened to me once. But look at the bright side: they didn't break your window to get it like mine.

The moral of the story is don't leave stuff in the car. I know it's a pain in the ass, but it's the only sure way to keep from getting ripped off. Just sayin'.

My autolocking works every time UNLESS I walk away too fast, or another door isn't shut. It has a really small reception footprint, especially to the sides. Maybe yours needs calibration, if there is any available.

Quote Originally Posted by dldude View Post

If your stuff gets rifled through that often pay better attention when you get out of the car. I always know if my car locks itself.
    Or you could just turn it off.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2019 CX-5 GT 184 2.2 diesel auto - Sonic Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    If your stuff gets rifled through that often pay better attention when you get out of the car. I always know if my car locks itself.
    Or you could just turn it off.
    Exactly. If you don*t check your car is locked, it*s your responsibility, not anybody else*s or Mazdas. If it beeps it*s locked. If something interferes and it doesn*t beep just press one of the door switches or the fob button.

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Exactly. If you don*t check your car is locked, it*s your responsibility, not anybody else*s or Mazdas. If it beeps it*s locked. If something interferes and it doesn*t beep just press one of the door switches or the fob button.
    Exactly. There are several options.

But actually if it beeps TWICE it's locked "automatically". If it beeps once, you know the doors are shut and it's ready to lock. The second beep indicates locked.

However, if you lock it with the handle switch or the fob, one beep indicates locked.

Whenever I'm in doubt, I hit the fob. If I hear the horn, I know it was locked. If I hear a click, I know it wasn't, but is now.

Registered Member

2018 CX5 SE-L Nav+ 2WD 2.2D 150hp Auto

Plus on some of the latest versions, the mirrors fold in automatically when locked. Apologies if stating the obvious.

Registered Member

CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    I won't, and never will buy this excuse. It's sold as "Walk-Away Lock". The concept is, get out of your car and the doors lock without you having to push the button. It's not a functioning feature if I have to pay attention to whether it worked or not, and then use the lock button if it doesn't. That actually ADDS time/effort to the door locking feature that is supposed to work seamlessly. I have no idea why people just refuse to admit it's a flawed/broken feature.

Imagine saying "Push-to-Start only works 80% of the time, but when it doesn't, you just have to put your key into the ignition and turn. It's YOUR fault if you car doesn't start when you push the button, not Mazda's"

The car audibly lets you know if it's locked or not. If you can't be bothered to....listen as you walk away then yes, it's your fault.
    Go to the CR-V forums and search for walk away... It's practically exactly the same. And a handful of people complain about it there, too.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2018 CX5

I have notice on our 2018 that if I just get out of the car and walk away it always auto-locks. But if I get out of the car and then open and close another door to get something, especially if I hit the unlock button on the door to open another door, the auto lock may not work when I walk away.

Registered Member

'17 3 & CX-5

Auto lock will always work if the fob is within 3 feet or so of a door when all doors are closed, then you walk away.

If the door is open and you start walking away as you swing the door shut, it won't work.

If a passenger or another person has a door open and you've walked away before they close it, it won't work.

If the rear hatch is open and you push the button to close the hatch and walk away before it closes, it won't work.

The hatch was the tricky one for me. If my hands are full I wait for it to close, then walk away listening for the beep. If my hands aren't full I start walking and use the remote to make sure it's locked.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123