Dealer recommends replacing PCV replacement: due to mileage

Google

I've got almost 62 000 Miles or 100 000 Kilometers on my 2005 Mazda3. I have a scheduled maintenance set up soon.

My dealer is suggesting I replace the PCV. It will be somewhat expensive due to the labor. He said that if I don't replace the PCV, there's a good chance that it could end up being faulty due to age and mileage and burning oil that I won't know about. I am thinking of maybe getting rid of my car by the end of the year. Should I take the chance and get the PCV replaced? I also have a stealth engine light code: P0661 - Powertrain Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Circuit Low (Bank 1).

I've got almost 62 000 Miles or 100 000 Kilometers on my 2005 Mazda3. I have a scheduled maintenance set up soon.

My dealer is suggesting I replace the PCV. It will be somewhat expensive due to the labor. He said that if I don't replace the PCV, there's a good chance that it could end up being faulty due to age and mileage and burning oil that I won't know about. I am thinking of maybe getting rid of my car by the end of the year. Should I take the chance and get the PCV replaced? I also have a stealth engine light code: P0661 - Powertrain Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Circuit Low (Bank 1).

PCV valves are traditionally replaced when the spark plugs are replaced. If your oil dipstick does not have milky white liquid on it, your PCV valve is probably fine.

PCV valves are traditionally replaced when the spark plugs are replaced. If your oil dipstick does not have milky white liquid on it, your PCV valve is probably fine.

Is ur car burning oil? If it is, chances are its could be ur PCV valve.

I did my own PCV valve replacement. Yes, it is labor intensive to replace a tiny little valve. Overall, i don't think you should replace your car just because of that.

Latest posts

Back