A/C Problems

Krychekxf

:
2016 Mazda CX5 GT
A couple times now my AC won't start when I turn the car on. I noticed earlier when I stopped and put the car in park it finally kicked in. The other day I had to turn the car off and on a couple times to get it to kick in. Also, I have a whirling noise that comes from one of my vents every now and then when the AC is on a lower setting....very annoying. I want to take it into the dealer but the issue comes and goes and can't get it to replicate on demand. Anyone else have this problem with their CX-5? I have a 2016 GT only about 10 months old.

I have a 2016 that's I've had for about 16 months and never had a problem with the A/C. I assume since you have a GT you have the auto climate control. I have the Touring so I have the manual controls for heating/AC. Sounds like the problem may be in the control unit where you set the temp, etc.
I would take it into the dealer and let them diagnose it, even if they don't find anything wrong at least it will be on record in case it pops up again.
My experience with problems like this is it will get worse as time goes by. Talk to the service manager and find out if you can bring it in immediately when it starts acting up again.
That way they can document the problem and hopefully determine what's wrong.

Thanks for the reply. I was just looking to see if this was a problem before I take it in. I didn't know if there was any tsb's with the AC. If they find any problems I'll report back just in case anyone else starts having this problem.

Just an update for those that may encounter this issue in the future. Finally made it to the dealer. It turns out the blower motor is failing. I found a video on Youtube of a older model with the same problem. Posting just so you can hear what it sounds like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4aqV3XNoLI. Dealer has ordered me a new part and now waiting for it to arrive.

Just an update for those that may encounter this issue in the future. Finally made it to the dealer. It turns out the blower motor is failing. I found a video on Youtube of a older model with the same problem. Posting just so you can hear what it sounds like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4aqV3XNoLI. Dealer has ordered me a new part and now waiting for it to arrive.
If your fan noise is the same as in the YouTube video, that definitely is AC blower motor issue. I've seen some blower motor sized on CX-9 due to clogged AC drain. Even that CX-5 in YouTube is an older 2013. For a 10-month old 2016 CX-5 having the blower motor failing is almost unthinkable to me. At least the warranty covers the fix as these Mazda OEM motors are very expensive, and the weather in Houston is not too hot in these days.

Could you please indicate whether or not the replacement of the blower motor fixed your problem. Im having the same exact problem that youre having and my car is the same as yours. I started noticing the problem just before completing 3 years since purchase brand new (The noise may have been there earlier, but did not notice it). I took it to the dealership twice with no results as they could not reproduce the problem. Im now more pissed at Mazda as this seem to be a manufacturer defect and they should have issued a recall for it.

Could you please indicate whether or not the replacement of the blower motor fixed your problem. I*m having the same exact problem that you*re having and my car is the same as yours. I started noticing the problem just before completing 3 years since purchase brand new (The noise may have been there earlier, but did not notice it). I took it to the dealership twice with no results as they could not reproduce the problem. I*m now more pissed at Mazda as this seem to be a manufacturer defect and they should have issued a recall for it.

They don't usually issue recalls unless it's safety related. In this case they issue a TSB then when you bring it in complaining of the problem they fix it free (as long as the warranty is still active). You might want to hunt through the TSB's on this site.

They don't usually issue recalls unless it's safety related. In this case they issue a TSB then when you bring it in complaining of the problem they fix it free (as long as the warranty is still active). You might want to hunt through the TSB's on this site.

Thank you for the clarification of Recall vs TSB. I looked through several web sites for a TSB on this particular problem, I couldnt find any. I checked 4 years of CX-5 (2013 2016). I even looked at Mazda3 (Years: 2014-2018) since it uses the same blower motor (Same part number). There are TSBs for other AC problems, but not this particular one. Again, Im disappointed at Mazda. I think they shouldve issued a TSB for this one. I think it is more common than what Mazda wants us to believe.
I have a thread on my problem that I will try to update as this problem is fixed:
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123869071-AC-Fan-Blower-sometimes-not-working

Back