OV tune review/report

eyeballs

:
2012 Mazda 2 Touring SG 5MT
Early last month I decided to get my car tuned through Matt at orange virus. Getting things set up in the beginning with the software and the tactrix cable took some time and back and forth emails (Matt's nearly instant email replies really helped prevent frustration here) until I successfully downloaded the stock map. After the first tune was uploaded everything went very smooth. The car felt much smoother than stock with a massive torque bump down low on the first tune. The successive tunes improved the midrange and top end, while still retaining some of the bump in the low range. The car feels so much more lively now with much improved throttle response. The car was perfectly driveable with each tune...always started right up with good idle and no CELs. After the 3rd tune I took the car to a track event and drove it for 3x20 min sessions with no issues.

Communication was always fantastic. A couple times it took longer than the 72 hours noted on the website to get my tune after my datalog submissions, but after an email reminder he'd have it for me the next business day. For anyone looking to get tuned, I highly recommend Matt and OV tuning.

Even my wife (who doesn't like my car for some crazy reason) said to me that the car is much faster now one day after she needed to use it, that was after the 3rd tune. The 4th and final tune I loaded up earlier this week.

Back