Map update available for 2016s

Turborascal

Contributor
:
2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature; 2019 Mazda MX-5 30 AE, RF, #150/3000
2016 CX-9s that have built-in navigation are eligible for free map updates for three years.

Updated maps are now available.
Download the "Mazda Toolbox" from Mazda's website, insert your navigation SD card, launch the program, and follow the directions to update.

A map update will be indicated, you'll be prompted to backup the SD card (I suggest that you accept); after which the maps will download and then install on your SD card.
No "progress" bars are shown and the screen dims as each stage progresses.
You WILL be informed when the process is complete.

I first updated my MX-5 maps and then the CX-9 maps.
Each update required less than 20 minutes.
Note that I have a powerful PC and fast Internet connection.
The biggest bottlenecks for some will be slower Internet throughput and slow writing to the SD card.

Both vehicles immediately recognized the updated maps without issue and all is well.

Note that this NOT a firmware update to address the random freezing and rebooting that some are experiencing.

Last edited:
2016 CX-9s that have built-in navigation are eligible for map updates for three years.

Updated maps are now available.
Download the "Mazda Toolbox" from Mazda's website, insert your navigation SD card, launch the program, and follow the directions to update.

A map update will be indicated, you'll be prompted to backup the SD card (I suggest that you accept); after which the maps will download and then install on your SD card.
No "progress" bars are shown and the screen dims as each stage progresses.
You WILL be informed when the process is complete.

I first updated my MX-5 maps and then the CX-9 maps.
Each update required less than 20 minutes.
Note that I have a powerful PC and fast Internet connection.
The biggest bottlenecks for some will be slower Internet throughput and slow writing to the SD card.

Both vehicles immediately recognized the updated maps without issue and all is well.

Note that this NOT a firmware update to address the random freezing and rebooting that some are experiencing.

Thanks for posting, I'll update tonight.

Back