What's the easiest way to determine a CX-5 has the Tech package?

From what I could tell when I was shopping a month ago:
- round button on front door handles for advanced keyless entry on a 2014 means Tech package; this was added as standard on 2015 GTs
- if the headlights on a 2013-2015 have distinct silver-black-silver concentric rings around the bulb housing, that indicates the auto-leveling feature that's part of the tech package

Edit: pre-2016, auto-dimming mirror with Homelink buttons was in the Tech package though I wouldn't rely on that as it's easy to swap in a different mirror.

Thanks everyone, this is all the info I need. Confirmed 2014 has i-active sense safety features and how to confirm.

Actually for GT with Tech, you only have 2 sensors there (saw them while replacing the cracked windshield). One is infrared rain sensor for automatic wipers, and it also serves as light sensor for automatic headlight control. The second is laser sensor for Smart City Brake Support (SCBS) and Smart Brake Support (SBS) if you have i-ActivSense. The third empty slot is for Forward Sensing Camera (FSC) used for i-ActivSense Package such as High Beam Control (HBC), Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS), and Smart Brake Support (SBS).

Must be a faux sensor then on my '15 as there are three distinct different sensors. I'll get a picture in better lighting. Interesting this even shows up on older models that didn't have those options.

Back