weird sound seems coming from gearbox

rennlistuser3

:
Mazda, 2016 CX-5
Hi guys,

Got my 2016 CX-5 2.5 AWD auto with 18,000 km (11,000 miles) and so far loving it.

Last night while I was driving home, I noticed a weird clicking sound coming from what seemed to be the transmission. It's the loudest when I'm going about 80 km/h (50 mph) when I lift off the gas peddle at low RPMs. It sound like a clutch engaging or disengaging but it's surprisingly audible and sound like it's coming from where the gearbox and engine connect. The sound is akin to 4WD differentials being connected and disconnected on my other car which is a real 4WD and not an AWD.

It's not very load. I think if I took it to the dealer they'll most probably say they can't hear anything, but I am a bit worried on account of this being a new car with low mileage.

I've had cars previously that made strange gear sounds that were normal but I wanted to hear from others regarding the CX-5.

Honestly, I'd chill unless it got louder. If it breaks in the next 5 years or 49,000 miles, it's no skin off your nose. If you were closer to the 5/60 mark, I'd be much more worried.

Back