Unlocking just the driver's door

:
Mazda cx5 2.5
So the driver locked all doors. Individually, passengers can unlock theirs. How can the driver unlock his without unlocking all doors?

Asking because of safety concerns.

I think there is no way to do this. Anyone knows of a way?

We can't do it in the UK but if you have the drive away locking like the US, I believe you can select one press for drivers door and two for the rest in the settings menu.

So the driver locked all doors. Individually, passengers can unlock theirs. How can the driver unlock his without unlocking all doors?

Asking because of safety concerns.

I think there is no way to do this. Anyone knows of a way?

If you're talking about when you're out of the car it's one click of the FOB or one press of the rubber button on the door. If you're in the car just use your left hand to unlock the black knob (lock) manually.

Have you looked in the manual? Surprising how many people never think to refer to the definitive source (not saying that you did or did not). Here in the US the locking system occupies many pages of the manual.

RTM yep did that.

My 2016.5 model comes with a switch on the door unlock thingy. It only offer all doors lock or unlock.

Saw some models with option to set drive away lock. Mine is without that option. Will firmware update give that option?

I don't have a 2016, but on my cx5 the options for when to doors lock automatically is something one chooses in the Settings.

There is the POWER DOOR Lock switch that locks and unlocks all doors from the inside.

There is the MANUAL lock switch at each door handle to open the door.

ABS-Chrome-Interior-Door-Handle-Bowl-Cover-Trim.jpg

Last edited:
I would love that if it was so.

The driver door lock and central lock is the same thing in my 2016.5.

Please see the picture I posted above. Your door handle does not have the Red/Black Lock lever?

Please see the picture I posted above. Your door handle does not have the Red/Black Lock lever?
His does. A picture is worth a thousand words. He just couldn't get it without a picture.

I agree with Mazdadude, there should always be a manual lock/unlock switch separate from the power lock button.

It has that black and red thingy.

If i move it to black all doors lock. If it is red then all doors unlock.

I would like to have all passenger doors remaining locked when i exit the car.

Need to try later. if i were to leave it at black and open drivers door with the lever. Wonder if that will do what i wanted.

Back