Help me diagnose this front end clunk (video)

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
I replaced the clutch in my P5 a few weeks ago, and its been running fine until today, when a clunk started up on the front passenger side while driving at low speed (<25 mph or so):

https://youtu.be/4va9X6vqx4Y

As I say in the video, the wheel bearing is new, but there's now a tear in the tie-rod end boot which wasn't there when I put everything back together. I also replaced the passenger-side swaybar endlink and lower ball joint boot when I did the clutch. Lug nuts are torqued correctly, and there's no play or clunking when I bounce the suspension on that side.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

I would check the endlink. I had a similar noise that I could not replicate by bouncing on the suspension. If I grabbed the sway bar though, clunk. And my Moog endlink was barely 3 months old.

Yeah, it was the endlink. I put a new one on when I did the clutch job, and the top nut had backed off just enough to allow the bolt to clatter around in its eyelet. I had ruled out the endlink because it sounded much worse than the rattle you get with normal endlink wear, but that was because the actual endlink was fine--it was just bouncing around in the strut eyelet.

Thanks!

Back