Rear Parking Sensor - 2016 GS CX 5

cynthiamarie

:
mazda cx5
Just purchased a 2016 CX5 GS and noticed the rear parking sensor isn't beeping. I contacted the Dealership and was advised this feature does not exist on their vehicles anymore. My last CX5 had it. Anyone know why Mazda got rid of this? The dealership said the red line on the camera is more than enough notice that you are parking too close. I disagree and wish I had the beeping sensor.

The new CX-5's come with the parking sensor as a factory option. If you do have it, it has an on/off switch inside the trunk to the left hand side. If you don't have it, it's available for around $500 (plus installation I assume). Unfortunately, it's not a standard feature on CX-5's. I was lucky enough to find a lightly used CX-5 with the parking sensor option installed, and I do like having it. But if I had to do with just the backup camera, then I could live with that too - you just have to pay a little more attention when backing. I will say, I wish the CX-5 had front parking sensors too, or at least an option for them.

The new CX-5's come with the parking sensor as a factory option. ... I will say, I wish the CX-5 had front parking sensors too, or at least an option for them.
Rear parking sensor is an accessory from Mazda and can only be installed at port of entry or Mazda dealer. Front parking sensor is a very nice feature too but unfortunately it's only available in other countries for CX-5!

To OP, if you don't see those small rounded sensors on the rear bumper, you don't have rear parking sensor installed. You can add it as an accessory by your Mazda dealer.

Rear parking sensor is an accessory from Mazda and can only be installed at port of entry or Mazda dealer. Front parking sensor is a very nice feature too but unfortunately it's only available in other countries for CX-5!

To OP, if you don't see those small rounded sensors on the rear bumper, you don't have rear parking sensor installed. You can add it as an accessory by your Mazda dealer.

I had it done, and it "feels" very 3D party. I mean there's an on/off switch in the rear. The sound is independent of the stereo system.

How did Mazda allow this to be a second thought??

It should be a factory installed option integrated into the CIC

I typed this up on my Smartphone using Tapatalk [emoji12]

I frankly don't see a value of it, considering that the backup camera is quite good. I have checked it and the guide lines when RED is really just an inch away, etc. I have however went from pillar to post to have the FRONT parking sensors installed. They are an option in AU and integrates with the infotainment also. However, it's next to impossible to have it shipped, installed and configured in US. This is 1 item I feel would have added a lot of value and should have been made available in US. Alternatively, Toyota RAV4 offers 360 surround (little cameras underneath the side mirrors) which also could have been a good option. Nope : not available for Mazda.

Latest posts

Back