"Tech package" rearview mirror question for 2016.5

tsouders

:
Mazda 2016.5 CX-5 Sport 2.5L
So the upgraded version of the 2016.5 CX-5 had some tech gadgets on its rearview - the auto-dimming, some buttons, etc. A couple questions I had, since I bought the Sport - I've added the cargo package and nav system separately and way cheaper than the dealership cost, thanks to tips here, and am coming back to the well:

Anybody know the OEM # and/or what it costs?
What are the features/functions of the better mirror?
Can I even hook it up in the Sport model, or should I not even bother?

Thanks much.

I looked into that as well awhile back. I saw it on a Mazda site under OEM parts (I wish I could remember where, I'd link it). From what I remember the cost was around $300 for the part. I asked for an installation cost at my dealer, and they said $50.

I'm probably still going to get it at some point - I hate not having auto dimmer :-(

Edit: Found it under My Mazda (mines a 2016) - hopefully the link works for you:

http://accessories.mazdausa.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=24601&categoryId=17245&parent_category_rn=17244&yearSelected=2016&modelSelected=vc254&modelName=2016+CX-5#17247

Last edited:
So the upgraded version of the 2016.5 CX-5 had some tech gadgets on its rearview - the auto-dimming, some buttons, etc. A couple questions I had, since I bought the Sport - I've added the cargo package and nav system separately and way cheaper than the dealership cost, thanks to tips here, and am coming back to the well:

What are the features/functions of the better mirror?
Can I even hook it up in the Sport model, or should I not even bother?

Thanks much.

I believe the extra buttons are for homelink. Lets you open your garage doors and turn on some lights.

The good part of getting this auto-dimming rearview mirror from Mazda accessory is it comes with build-in compass in addition to HomeLink. The factory auto-dimming rearview mirror from optional "Technology Package" strangely doesn't have compass!

Yeah I believe this OEM accessory mirror is plug-and-play. The electrical connector should be there from factory.

Back