Speedo/Gas/RPM gauges not working after LED swap?

:
03 Mazda Protege5
Hey there, so I just finished swapping all my cluster bulbs and adding more LED's to swap the color to blue. I put the cluster in several times throughout the process to check hot spots etc, and everything was working. This last time, I installed and spliced the extra LED's into the left plug(white wire, was 12v power) and the ground into the green/red wire in the same plug, purely because it was the easiest to find and the lights worked. But now the three afformentioned gauges stopped working, and I popped 3 codesm each to do with one respective gauge. Is this because of where I powered the LED's, or something else?

Edit: Also something that may be helpful, my ABS light is on now?

Last edited:
I undid any wiring I did, and the problem still exists. Checked all my fuses, which are all good. What can I do?!

I was pulled over for not having my cluster installed and ordered to get an inspection, I've got 11 days. I'm panicking here a little bit since I have no idea why this has suddenly happened when I've done nothing to the car?

For times sake, I would grab another cluster from a pick and pull. Hopefully the problem is in your cluster and not upstream.

Did you check the fuses under the hood too? And not just looking at the fuse to see if it's blown, did you test them?
Also see if there's any black marks on the circuitry of the cluster, could help to find the problem if the cluster went bad due to overheating by splicing wires.

Last edited:
Back