Navigation system failed

:
2019 CX 5 GT w PP
I own a 2016 GT/Tech/Iactivesense.

Today I was providing an animal transport and needed the nav system(!) in unfamiliar areas. The system rebooted itself several times. At first it kept the location after reboot then did not. When I was able to stop and restart the engine,numerous times, the navigation module failed completely. It showed a black screen with no maps whatsoever. Is this a known problem? It may be a deal breaker for me if I can't count on it to function. Of course no service open with Labor Day weekend.

Have you tried taking out the SD card and putting it back in? My maps stopped working once and that's all I needed to do fix it. Worth a shot

Have you tried taking out the SD card and putting it back in? My maps stopped working once and that's all I needed to do fix it. Worth a shot

I removed the SD card and updated it (could not do on either Chromebook or TomTom Home which cost me time) through this web site I found on this forum: www.Mazda-na.NaviExtras.com. When I started the car and installed the SD card, nav seemed frozen at the last place it worked. I gave it a new destination and it seemed to resuscitate itself and knew where we were and where we were going. I'm not sure the SD card fixed it, but through the process it started working again. Now I'll just have to see if it does it again. Thanks for the advice; I learned a lot.

You might try a factory reset on the head unit too if it happens again. Totally frustrating, I agree.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

What version is your infotainment system running? Older versions tended to shut down a lot. Make sure you're on the latest version. That one change has reduced my system lockups by a large bit.

...sent...

Latest posts

Back