Unlock beep 2016 maxx sport

rjbak3r

:
mazda cx 5 maxx sport 2016
Hey we just got a mazda x 5 maxx sport and im just wondering if there is a beep sound function on the car to hear if the alarm is pressed?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Hey we just got a mazda x 5 maxx sport and im just wondering if there is a beep sound function on the car to hear if the alarm is pressed?

yes,there should be a beep unless the trunk or one of the doors is ajar, happened to me just last night, for the life of me couldn;t figure out why there wasn't a beep when I pressed lock button, after half an hour , figured out the trunk lid was ajared, slammed it shut, then locked and heard beep.

Thanks for the tip ill go slam all the doors closed and see what happens ;)

Thanks for the tip ill go slam all the doors closed and see what happens ;)

also, from the command settings, there's an option to set the volume of the alarm beep,

if you have set to zero or off, you won;t hear anything, you should still see lights flash once though.

Last edited:
Mine horn only beeps when I press the Lock twice... Are you pressing it 1x or 2x

Yeah ive pressed it twice and nothing

But your horn works if you hit the PANIC button, or the horn on the steering wheel?

(boom01)

Good, so it has to be the setting in the infotainment then... as tomcat suggested, I would peruse the setup menu.

(naughty)

How do i get to the setup menu ?

green arrow, from there go to "Vehicle Tab" beep volume should be there as an option to change

nmkniv.jpg

Oh yeah ive done that already still nothing plus i thought that was just for the beep for the touch screen ?

Cheers ill try it again i tried that last night if it doenst work might have to take it into my local mazda dealership

For the life of me i cant get it to work lol

For the life of me i cant get it to work lol

did you check to see if your engine hood is ajar, I believe there's an alarm sensor there as well, sorry that's the last thing I can think of,

I would start checking fuses,

I guess last resort is take it to the dealer .......

Cheers ill check it put tomorrow and let you know how i go.

Yeah no luck :/ i have to take the car back for its free first 1000ks services ill ask them about it while im there

Back