Mazda to Recall 2.3m vehicles worldwide

Anybody get their rear hatch supports replaced yet?? I got my "urgent safety" message back in October...Haven't heard anything on parts availability yet.

Anybody get their rear hatch supports replaced yet?? I got my "urgent safety" message back in October...Haven't heard anything on parts availability yet.

Mine didn't have parts neither.

I just received my recall letter yesterday for the rear hatch struts.. Weird how some received it months ago (as per this thread). Maybe it's just us Canucks? Good timing though, I was going to get them replaced anyways. No rust on them, but they barely hold up the hatch. Got whacked a couple times when the door is only 1/2 -3/4 open and it closes by it's own weight.
Now that I think about it, I recently was notified about the filler tube recall, even though that has been out for a year or more.

I just received my recall letter yesterday for the rear hatch struts.. Weird how some received it months ago (as per this thread). Maybe it's just us Canucks? Good timing though, I was going to get them replaced anyways. No rust on them, but they barely hold up the hatch. Got whacked a couple times when the door is only 1/2 -3/4 open and it closes by it's own weight.
Now that I think about it, I recently was notified about the filler tube recall, even though that has been out for a year or more.
The problem for this "urgent safety recall" is Mazda hasn't offer a specific date about when the revised parts would be available.

Another Canadian getting his strut recall notice last week. Called the dealer and was told that yes there IS a recall, but NO there aren't any parts. Further, I would be getting another notice from Mazda Canada when the parts are available - currently expected to be in the spring. At least there will be no risk of being bludgeoned by the hatch for the 5 weeks I'll be in Tucson, fleeing this winter wonderland.

Brian

That is weird, that a dealership doesn't have hatch struts.
If I would go there to buy some, they would say that they are out until April?

I was at the dealer last week for some warranty work (the sensor/switch that tells the tranny the brake pedal is depressed was faulty, thus resistance was felt moving between P and R/D). I asked about this strut recall while I was there and they said the 2nd letters haven't gone out yet. I mentioned my vehicle looks brand new there, w/out a hint of rust. The Mazda Rep said they'll bring in and service all CX5s, regardless of how they look at the moment.

My paperwork also hinted they performed another recall when I was there... SSPxxx.... (?) I think its related to the airbags. Have seen a bit of it mentioned on here but didn't pay much attention as I didn't think my CX5 was affected.

So that makes 3 recalls (2 performed), and 2 additional repairs under warranty so far (new LED headlights and the brake sensor/switch). Not as trouble free as my 2005 6, but none of this has cost me any real money... just a bit of time here and there.

The fact I haven't had to argue with them over any of this is really nice from a Customer Experience angle. Mazda seems to want to make things right.

That is weird, that a dealership doesn't have hatch struts.
If I would go there to buy some, they would say that they are out until April?

They might, but probably not be the 'fixed' version. So you'd still get a notice to have them replaced when the fixed becomes available.

They might, but probably not be the 'fixed' version. So you'd still get a notice to have them replaced when the fixed becomes available.

LOL, "Dear customer, we fixed your struts, but not with the fixed version, please come back so we can fix this..." wouldn't doubt it for a moment..

I was at the dealer this past week with my wife's 3. I asked about the parts for the recall for my CX5. They said they still have no parts, and are hoping they will have them by early Spring. Initially, they thought they would have parts by late December. At least my hatch hasn't fallen on my head like my old FX35 did in cold weather.

I sent an email in to Mazda. This is their response:

"Thank you for contacting Mazda's Customer Experience Center. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We greatly appreciate your patience during this time. To ensure your safety, we do have an inspection process. If you are experiencing any symptoms, you can bring your vehicle into an authorized Mazda dealership; if the vehicle fails the inspection, emergency parts can be ordered. If the vehicle passes the inspection, no repair will be completed at this time; you will receive a notice advising of parts availability. Please let me know if you are experiencing any symptoms and would like to schedule an appointment; I can assist you with this. If you have any questions, please feel free to respond to this email."

I guess they're waiting for a hatch to close on someone's head...

Back