Mazda to Recall 2.3m vehicles worldwide

So, we are expected to get a dab of paint protection on the hatch support,,,,,,? You had me going there for a moment!

How do we check if our vehicles are part of the recall?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The date ranges provided are pretty big - but your vehicle manufacture date is on a sticker stuck to the driver side door jamb. Not sure how your dealership is, but you should be receiving something from your dealership outlining the recall.

The fuel filler pipe recall was sent to me within a month of it being posted on here. And my dealership did the fix during an oil change.

To me this seems like the worst news: Mazda recorded a $365.6 million loss in the quarter ended March 31 for costs related to recalling vehicles equipped with air-bag inflaters made by Takata Corp

Yeesh... that's not even their fault

Am I the only don't understand the recall. Is it mean they will repaint the rear of my car or they just replace something.

Am I the only don't understand the recall. Is it mean they will repaint the rear of my car or they just replace something.

"The rest of the recalls are related to problems with the paint job on the hydraulic arm that holds up the rear door, which could allow it to rust and fail. The problem affects vehicles built between 2007 and 2015."

Until we see more details, my guess would be this refers to the attachment points of the gas strut. They are painted - if I remember right, I think someone on this forum had one that looked unusually rusty.

EDIT: Found it: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123850761-Rusting-Hatch-Damper-Bolts

Last edited:

If you're vehicle is affected you will receive a notice from Mazda motors (not the dealer) and you can act accordingly, otherwise don't worry about it.

To me this seems like the worst news: Mazda recorded a $365.6 million loss in the quarter ended March 31 for costs related to recalling vehicles equipped with air-bag inflaters made by Takata Corp

Yeesh... that's not even their fault
It's almost never the actual manufacturer's fault. A car manufacturers is really just am assembler, everything from hydraulics to ball bearings is purchased from a 3rd party, and if that 3rd party ***** up, it's all on the badge, consumer doesn't blame the builder of the part.

Maybe my CX-5 is too much of a garage queen outside of my commute. Everything back in that area looks like new on mine.

Haha, seriously? These are the kinds of dreadful things I can live with, after owning a WK Grand Jeep Cherokee!

Mine is a Diesel engine. Does anyone know the details of the recall relating to the Diesel engine?

I have done Google search and every article that I have read simply said Diesel engine issue without details. It is now heading into the weekend and I can't ring the dealer until Monday.

It's almost never the actual manufacturer's fault. A car manufacturers is really just am assembler, everything from hydraulics to ball bearings is purchased from a 3rd party, and if that 3rd party ***** up, it's all on the badge, consumer doesn't blame the builder of the part.

It is the manufacturer's fault. They are the ones that specify, test, and certify the part. You are correct that automakers are actually assemblers, and that most all of the parts are manufactured by outside suppliers.
But the automaker is ultimately responsible for verifying that their suppliers are meeting the specifications, whether it be bad steel in Toyotas or faulty ignition switches in GM cars.

Even the OEM suppliers outsource manufacturing for their parts when it saves cost. I worked in the engineering department of a large domestic OEM supplier and we manufactured parts for other large OEM suppliers. I recall seeing ND (Nippondeso) stamped on some of the items we produced. Many would have thought the part was produced in Japan by looking at it.

It is the manufacturer's fault. They are the ones that specify, test, and certify the part. You are correct that automakers are actually assemblers, and that most all of the parts are manufactured by outside suppliers.
But the automaker is ultimately responsible for verifying that their suppliers are meeting the specifications, whether it be bad steel in Toyotas or faulty ignition switches in GM cars.

Even the OEM suppliers outsource manufacturing for their parts when it saves cost. I worked in the engineering department of a large domestic OEM supplier and we manufactured parts for other large OEM suppliers. I recall seeing ND (Nippondeso) stamped on some of the items we produced. Many would have thought the part was produced in Japan by looking at it.
Yea, the automaker is ultimately responsible, but I've had multiple friends who are engineers at companies who supply parts for a variety of customers including automakers and have left due to knowledge of misleading and manipulated data provided to automakers and other clients.

Yes the automaker is ultimately responsible for ensuring product satisfaction, but sometimes something slips through. Not to say they aren't at fault, just that there is more involved.

hmmmmm
I went for an oil change to the Mazda dealership yesterday and the service manager told me there weren't any recalls on my CX5. (2016.5 AWD)

interesting though...

It's mazda's mistake because they own the final configuration of the car. It could be a supplier error or mazda's mistake for not requiring paint on the parts.

Back