New Mazda owner looking for suggestions

Nateers

:
Mazda protege five
Today I purchased my first Mazda! A protege five, and I'm already looking to make improvements. I would love some ideas of what the first modifications I should apply to the vehicle (I'm leaning more towards cosmetic) any suggestions would be valued greatly! My budget is around 500$ and this is just for a small first modification i.e. Hood scoop or something. Thanks!

As asthetically pleasing as that will be, it'll be hard to do properly with that budget.
I would look at upgrading your rear sway bar, a progress or awr.

But as far as cheap asthetics will go, get a shorter antena, plastidip your rear valance... maybe even your wheels? You can do all of that for less than $100.
And by far the best appearance change, in my opinion, try to track down a msp lip.

As asthetically pleasing as that will be, it'll be hard to do properly with that budget.
I would look at upgrading your rear sway bar, a progress or awr.

But as far as cheap asthetics will go, get a shorter antena, plastidip your rear valance... maybe even your wheels? You can do all of that for less than $100.
And by far the best appearance change, in my opinion, try to track down a msp lip.

Thank you so much! Great help. I might be able to increases my budget in a further date but thank you for the info it helps a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate from Santa Cruz in a Mazda, huh? (drinks)

Congrats on the new car. If you need any help hit me up. I live at Pleasure Point. Don't start ricing it out! We live too near Laguna Seca for that crap. I agree with Jackie (and Giddy's RSB suggestion). Save a few bucks, buy a set of tokico blues and eibach springs, and maybe a new rear swaybar and upgrade your 15+ year old suspension. You'll be stoked you did!

Last edited:
There's a crappy red P5 always at the County building and jail overflow lot (Ocean/Water), has a Mazdaspeed embelm on the rear. If you want an idea of what not to do to your car you should go check it out. I think they park it in the flood zone intentionally, I know I would.

I figured that it was yours since it had faded trim, a I Heart Chippendales bumper sticker and eyelashes on the headlights.

Back