Anyone experience repeated TPMS light illumination?

GPell

:
Mazda CX-3
Purchased a 2016 Mazda CX-3 in Sep 2015. I took it to an out of town dealer 3 days after purchase because the TPMS light came on while I was on the highway on the trip. They checked the tire pressure and it was fine so they reset it, said it probably just didn't get hard reset after the factory inspection and showed us how to reset it. It continued to come on through the winter. By the spring, I decided it was a problem and took it to the dealer. They reset it. It came back on. They reset it again. It came back on. This has repeatedly happened. They replaced the tires; it came back on. MNAO isn't responding to the dealer or to me with a fix beyond telling me to reset it 3 times from home (since the dealer resets didn't work) after the light comes on so the car will adapt to my normal driving conditions. I'm not a car engineer or mechanic but this doesn't really make sense to me. Can anyone explain this logic? Why can't I take the car on the highway for 100 miles without the light coming on? Anyone else having this problem? Thanks!

My sister drives a 2010 Mazda 3 and they (she is 17, so I'm referencing my parents) have had the issue since just after the warranty expired (the car was my moms when they bought it new) the fix is the actual TPMS in one of the tires I can't remember how much it is to replace that part on her car but that could be a similar problem to what you are seeing.

There are no standalone sensors in cx-3 for tpms. It uses rotating speed of each wheel for measurements. Looks like one of your wheels is slower than others.

There are no standalone sensors in cx-3 for tpms. It uses rotating speed of each wheel for measurements. Looks like one of your wheels is slower than others.

Yes that it true! You might want to inspect the Wheel Speed Sensors..?

Check this TSB (sorry, it's in russian) - there are some recommendations on "TPMS learning" (don't confuse with pressing TPMS button)

Attachments

• E03512B%20%281%29.pdf
    285.3 KB · Views: 487
Back