Brake noise in reverse…Help! Mazda3 2012

Aliecat

:
2012 Mazda3 Skyactive
So after doing some research I am starting to notice that this is a common issue with the mazda's especially in the older models 2006-2007 where they had a recall due to a defect with the brakes...So basically I had new brakes and rotors installed semi metallic back in may and have been dealing with a horrible loud squeal from right rear in reverse..like in the video that im going to post..since may i have swapped out my pads to ceramic and had another set of rotors put on as well and what do you know a week later again its happening...does anyone have a solution to this???? because now my mechanic is talking about replacing the rotors but upgrading them too..i have spent way to much money on this brake issue but im at wits end..please help!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5_DHyxcoBM#

Wow! That is like a trumpet blast. Are you sure you don't have a cracked rotor? I had a bicycle that would make a similar noise when the brakes were applied. The front wheel spokes were not balanced/equally torqued. Your brake "wheel" is your rotor. You already eliminated the pads as a possible culprit.

Wow! That is like a trumpet blast. Are you sure you don't have a cracked rotor? I had a bicycle that would make a similar noise when the brakes were applied. The front wheel spokes were not balanced/equally torqued. Your brake "wheel" is your rotor. You already eliminated the pads as a possible culprit.

No Im about 99% sure its not a broken rotor..they even resurfaced them a week ago at the same time as putting on the new wagoner ceramic pads and they were good a few days and than it sounds like this! Im upgrading the rotors though in a couple days to see if that might work...i have searched all over the web to see if anyone had found a solution to this issue because its obviously common and havent found anything..just complaints and to deal with it

My only other guess would be that something shifts position when you throw the trans in reverse. I am surprised that a thorough investigation did not uncover anything. It's gotta be one of three things - pads, rotor, calipers/hardware.

It also could be an issue with the ebrake. Is it possible the cable going to that 1 wheel has gotten in a bind or maybe has rusted to where the brake is closed just a little. Then when you go into reverse it makes contact in such a way that it makes that noise?

Your mechanic needs to be more liberal with the brake quiet in any spot that the pad touches the caliper.

I've been dealing with the same brake noise while reversing for a couple of years now. I've swapped out rotor and brake pads twice and it will be quiet for a few weeks but always returns. so damn annoying.

I had the same issue with my 2011 Mazda 3. Sounded like a train horn everytime I reversed and braked. New rotors, pads, brake disc quiet.. it all didnt work.

Technically, in order to limit the possible variables, you would have all OEM brake parts installed, not a mishmash of aftermarket parts. I would guess the noise was not present when the original owner drove away from the dealership for the first time.

So after doing some research I am starting to notice that this is a common issue with the mazda's especially in the older models 2006-2007 where they had a recall due to a defect with the brakes...So basically I had new brakes and rotors installed semi metallic back in may and have been dealing with a horrible loud squeal from right rear in reverse..like in the video that im going to post..since may i have swapped out my pads to ceramic and had another set of rotors put on as well and what do you know a week later again its happening...does anyone have a solution to this???? because now my mechanic is talking about replacing the rotors but upgrading them too..i have spent way to much money on this brake issue but im at wits end..please help!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5_DHyxcoBM#
I know it’s a little late but did you find the solution? cause my Mazda does the same thing the sound goes louder in the morning.

Replace the retainers. Use OEM pads. Use Brake Quiet on anywhere the pads interface with the caliper.

Verify the retainers are even still there. They tend to go missing after an el-cheapo brake job.

Back