Lowering options for 2016 CX-5

smoedog

:
16 CX-5 Touring
What options are out there in the States for lowering a CX-5? I've seen the corksport (way to low), H&R (Not low enough) and coilovers. Are there any other options that don't require ordering from overseas? I tried searching but couldn't figure out how to limit to one forum and not the entire board.

KSport coilovers, or Ksport airbags, D2 coilovers, D2 airbags, or BC coilovers.

H&R springs, Corksport Springs.

That's about it in the US that you can readily order right now.

Last edited:
I ordered the Eibach springs (#E10-55-014-01-22) from England. Installing next week. I'll post pics after the surgery.

Corksport is way too low, especially with stock shocks/struts. I've run H&R on a couple of other cars in the past, and didn't like 'em; too stiff. I also didn't want to lower the rear more than the front. Hoping the Eibachs are the best compromise.

I ordered the Eibach springs (#E10-55-014-01-22) from England. Installing next week. I'll post pics after the surgery.

Corksport is way too low, especially with stock shocks/struts. I've run H&R on a couple of other cars in the past, and didn't like 'em; too stiff. I also didn't want to lower the rear more than the front. Hoping the Eibachs are the best compromise.
Eibachs may very well be the "sweet spot" in this debate and I'll be interested to see the outcome. My problem with them (aside from availability/cost issues) is that an inch drop doesn't hardly seem worth the trouble and I wanted to level the car, so the half inch differential front to rear was a plus. They are stiff though (for some reason they seem even more so now that I've got proper alignment numbers) and I assume this won't be as much of an issue for you with the longer Eibachs. All that said, I'm astonished whenever I see someone talk about putting C/S springs on a CX-5. Common sense tells you they must make the car ride like a buckboard!

Please do. I have a 2016.5 that I'd like to drop a little and the Eibach seems to be my first choice.
Thanks
Evan

Eibachs, rear camber arms, and front camber bolts installed. Very pleased. Perfect height, ride slightly stiffer than stock, roll in corners reduced. Springs do not overwhelm the stock shocks and struts.

Before:

After:

Attachments

• CX-5 before.jpg
    CX-5 before.jpg
    527.6 KB · Views: 700
  • CX-5 after.jpg
    CX-5 after.jpg
    707.8 KB · Views: 608
Last edited:
Hit the "go advanced" button to the lower right of the reply box; click "manage attachments" below in the 'additional options' box and it brings up a file upload manager from which you can browse you photo file and import.
BTW: which camber bars did you use?

I used Megan Racing. Same as Hardrace for less $$, from what I read on this forum; think it was your input (thumb)

Last edited:
Looks good; drop appears to be more or less comparable to H&Rs. I also like your wheels. Matching them to body color works well.

Looks really nice!, where did you get the eibachs from? How much did the whole setup run you installed and everything? This is the next major undertaking that I what for CX-5

Looks good; drop appears to be more or less comparable to H&Rs. I also like your wheels. Matching them to body color works well.

I should've measured before/after. Thanks; looked at a lot of wheels before pulling the trigger. They're 18 x 8, 40mm offset, with a 245/55 tire. OD is virtually the same as the original 17s, and they fill out the wheel wells just right.

Looks really nice!, where did you get the eibachs from? How much did the whole setup run you installed and everything? This is the next major undertaking that I what for CX-5

The Eibachs were ~$320 delivered. Got 'em from tdcautomotive.com in England. The install was $1,260 at a local high-end suspension facility. I'm in Silicon Valley, so labor rates are $$. The camber arms are a PITA, as @paris1 will attest to. In my younger days, I would've done it myself, aside from the final alignment.

Last edited:
$1260???? Wow.
Next weekend, I will have to change my wife's CRV's four struts(CRV has struts on the rear as well).

what engine do you have in your cx-5, i searched up those springs and they only show the 2.0 litre engine but i have the 2.5 litre

I should've measured before/after. Thanks; looked at a lot of wheels before pulling the trigger. They're 18 x 8, 40mm offset, with a 245/55 tire. OD is virtually the same as the original 17s, and they fill out the wheel wells just right.

The Eibachs were ~$320 delivered. Got 'em from tdcautomotive.com in England. The install was $1,260 at a local high-end suspension facility. I'm in Silicon Valley, so labor rates are $$. The camber arms are a PITA, as @paris1 will attest to. In my younger days, I would've done it myself, aside from the final alignment.

That is a shitload of labour $$$.. i would never pay that much.

Back