Installation of OE brake pad (what's with the 2 types of grease provided?

:
Pearl White AWD GT w/Tech
Opened up my brake pads and saw there was a black and brown color grease, the instructions are kinda vague regarding usage can someone kindly clarify where each grease is to be used??

Thanks

One is for, 'anti-squeal/rattle' to be used on the backs and ears of the pads. The other is lube for the sliding pins. I have no idea which color is for what. I would assume that thickest would be for the pins?

Installation of OE brake pad (what's with the 2 types of grease provided?

One is for, 'anti-squeal/rattle' to be used on the backs and ears of the pads. The other is lube for the sliding pins. I have no idea which color is for what. I would assume that thickest would be for the pins?
Is the brake pad kit the OEM? Usually dark black moly grease is used on the back of brake pads for anti-squealing / anti-rattling and light brown silicon grease is for sliding pins.

The directions are very vague. But after reading a few times I was able to figure out what the directions said. It had pictures of the pads and a shaded part of it with the color to be used. One was for the back of the pad. and the other was for the sliding part ( top and bottom ) of the pad. I don't remember it saying anything about the pins, but could have.
Pretty sure yrwei52 has the colors right on where they go.
Wish I still had my directions.

Last edited:
In the service manual, the brake service section shows 2 types of grease used: anti rattle grease and rubber grease. The only one shown to be used with the pads is the anti rattle grease and the rubber grease is shown to be used only with the sliding pins.

Back