2009 Back-up Camera Installation?

Does anyone have a resource I can reference for installing a backup camera on a 2009 Mazda5?

I found the video online about installing on a newer model but that doesn't apply to my vehicle because my lights are not part of the hatch lid.

I ripped a bunch of panels out of the back but I couldln't find an easy way to access the reverse light wiring.

I gave up when I tried to find a way to feed the S-Video cable through the hatch paneling and down the rubber weather tubbing between the hatch and body.

I wasn't able to find anything online about removing the complete hatch paneling so this seemingly simple job turned out to be a nightmare to access.

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have a resource I can reference for installing a backup camera on a 2009 Mazda5?

I found the video online about installing on a newer model but that doesn't apply to my vehicle because my lights are not part of the hatch lid.

I ripped a bunch of panels out of the back but I couldln't find an easy way to access the reverse light wiring.

I gave up when I tried to find a way to feed the S-Video cable through the hatch paneling and down the rubber weather tubbing between the hatch and body.

I wasn't able to find anything online about removing the complete hatch paneling so this seemingly simple job turned out to be a nightmare to access.

Thanks in advance!

Search is your friend :): http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123773680-Wired-LCD-Rear-View-Mirror-Cam-Install&highlight=camera

Back