ProClip Console Mount '16 CX-9

forty9er

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 GT
I've used ProClip in the past and I'm glad to see they have this ready for the '16 CX-9. I'm going to order soon. If you are looking to save some $$, you can use the discount code "10off".

Here is a link:

http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard...nsole-mount-835230-16530.cmsv?p_leftorright=0

This is not my picture, but from the ProClip website.

ProClip.jpg

I've used ProClip in the past and I'm glad to see they have this ready for the '16 CX-9. I'm going to order soon. If you are looking to save some $$, you can use the discount code "10off".

Here is a link:

http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard...nsole-mount-835230-16530.cmsv?p_leftorright=0

This is not my picture, but from the ProClip website.

ProClip.jpg

I was on the notification list, ordered as soon as I was notified, and received mine about 10 days ago.
In combination with the holder with your phone (custom mounts available for a variety of phones both with or without cases), it does a great job.

I have a iPhone 6s Plus in a rugged case.
The phone holder has a gimbal mount that allows me to place the phone in a horizontal position and tilted even more toward me than the console mount shows.
Terrific solution!

(Picture next time I break the camera out.)

Second picture taken in a dark garage, but here's the ProClip console mount in my CX-9 with the holder for a iPhone 6s Plus.

Note that my horizontal orientation blocks some of the HVAC controls, but that vertical mount could interfere with air flow to a front seat passenger.

For me, the horizontal orientation works perfectly while using Waze.

Nice. I got mine last night and installed it a little closer to the seats (I'd say about 1/2" closer than yours). It blocks the AC a little in the vertical position, but not much. I'll take a pic the next time my wife is in the car.

I wasn't thrilled with the console mounting location, so I ordered the CX-5 2012-2018 ProClip Center Mount instead. I was hoping the clip would fit over the hazard button as it does on the CX-5 (even though it's not intended to). On the CX-9, it doesn't fit over the hazard, but it does at least fit over the vents. I then just stuck a Wiz mount to the ProClip and I'm happy with the phone's location:

oqktmZ9.jpg

Last edited:
Personally, I use iOttie dash/windshield mounts for my iPhone and iPad. They stick like cement and put the device right where I need it for navigation (I can't justify paying $200 for an updated Mazda maps DVD when I get navigation included with my data plan). When I eventually sell the car, I'll take the mounts out without any damage.

I haven't done it yet, but for those times when I want to use Waze, I think I'll just get a big rubber band and fasten my phone to the LCD display.

My dream mount would be one where I could clip the phone onto the front of the LCD and then fold it forward, flat, when I didn't need to see the phone.

I haven't done it yet, but for those times when I want to use Waze, I think I'll just get a big rubber band and fasten my phone to the LCD display.

My dream mount would be one where I could clip the phone onto the front of the LCD and then fold it forward, flat, when I didn't need to see the phone.

This is all you need:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

It clips right onto the vent, and comes with a thin metal plate to place between your phone and the phone case. I always keep it on the vent in my car, and it's totally unobtrusive, and if there's traffic and I need to open Waze, it touch the phone to the mount, and it's ready to go.

I wasn't thrilled with the console mounting location, so I ordered the CX-5 2012-2018 ProClip Center Mount instead. I was hoping the clip would fit over the hazard button as it does on the CX-5 (even though it's not intended to). On the CX-9, it doesn't fit over the hazard, but it does at least fit over the vents. I then just stuck a Wiz mount to the ProClip and I'm happy with the phone's location:

oqktmZ9.jpg

I don't get it--what does the ProClip do here? The WizGear would just clip directly onto the vent in the exact same spot that you have the ProClip, without even needing the ProClip?

I don't get it--what does the ProClip do here? The WizGear would just clip directly onto the vent in the exact same spot that you have the ProClip, without even needing the ProClip?

I tried that first. I didn't find it very secure, I didn't like that I couldn't adjust the vent with the WizGear clipped to it, and I didn't like that I couldn't adjust the angle of the WizGear. And I tried both the press-in WizGear and the one that clamps in.

To me this is a more secure mount, I can angle it how I want, and the vent is still adjustable.

I was hoping as I mentioned I wouldn't have to block the vent by putting the ProClip in the middle but that didn't work.

I also didn't want to use any of the stick-on solutions in a new car. In my experiece those either fall off at inoportune times or they permanently mark up the car. (I do have the WizGear stuck on to the ProClip here, but I plan to screw it into place.)

Back