Dash Buttons Illumination

amasih

Hey everyone,

I have an 08 GT AWD. Last year, we started having problems with our BSM (intermittent flashing light), so I took it to the dealer to have them diagnose it. They came back and said by Body Control Module was bad and it was going to be $1000. I politely told them to pound sand, since I was pretty sure that it wasn't the BCM, and even if it was I wasn't going to pay that kind of money for it to be fixed. I asked them if there was a way to perhaps just turn off the BSM so the warning light wouldn't flash, and the SA said he would check with the tech. He later called me and said they thought they could but they were not able to.

When I got the car back, I noticed that the dash buttons were no longer illuminating, with the exception of the TCS OFF button. The other three remained dark.

Fast forward to this past weekend. I replaced the right radar for the BSM, since I was pretty sure that was the bad one. Fixed the problem with the BSM. But then I started remembering about the dash buttons not illuminating, and wondered what could be causing that, especially since the TCS OFF button still illuminated.

Is there a separate circuit that controls the illumination to those buttons that I could check, or did the techs back last year somehow short them out with what they did and I now have to replace those three switches to get the illumination back?

Thanks in advance.

Back