Tinting front windshield?

:
2015 Mazda3
I've thought of having my windshield tinted up very light only for the UV protection purpose. Could this also lessen the heat going into my car during hot summer days? I ask this because my dash cam is not meant to be left in extreme weather so I'm assuming lessening the effect of direct heat from sunlight by having windows tinted would be a good idea. Could a GPS and dash cam still be able to be attached to a tinted window? I hope so because I have never had a front window tinted. Could a suction cup grip as well as on tinted glass vs. plain glass?

You gotta be careful I'm not sure about your city regulation but if it's do dark and/ or not visible to see driver police will pull you over hand you a bill $500 fee depending on your city fee and may even ask you to remove it on the spot, I've seen it happen or they will tow for safety concern. But depending on your dash cam the recording maybe to dark if you wanna tint, I suggest you tint top surface of windshield glass , tint does decrease heat but it doesn't do all alot, I have it for privacy.
And depending on your dash cam, I have front and rear 450 with install it went through extreme head over 30 degrees and extreme cold minus 30 as well. And works great and it all depends on ur dash cam brand

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

When I'm not using my car cover, I use an internal windshield cover to protect both the dash and infotainment screen. I do know that lots of people tint their windshields in Arizona. The tint may need to be compatible with various electronic devices, but many tint shops offer a few different types of tint.

I've seen the tint laws but there are tint films that are not noticeable as tint film, say anything higher than 50% looks as clear as day.

I have my windshield tinted in a very light 70% tint. The tint I'm using has a very light blue hue to it which I don't mind. It does block out a lot of heat especially when driving with the sun facing you. As for suction cups, it won't stick for very long on the tint. I haven't used it on this car but on my previous cars (I've always tinted the windshield) the suction thingy will fall off after a while. Having a light tint like 70% won't affect visibility for you or the dash cam at all, it's barely noticeable. I've always felt a tint job isn't complete until you get the windshield done, since it is the biggest piece of glass on the car and lets in the most heat. Just note tho, having a tinted windshield still won't make the car less hot when you get in it unless you crack the windows open a bit all around. I usually have my OEM windshield visor up and windows cracked open a bit when parked outside on a hot day. Tinted windshield is more for when you're driving you don't feel much heat coming in from the front.

Here's a pic you can kinda see the bluish hue on the windshield.

BA1D5292-76E0-40D9-A967-BF59685277C2_zpsanwohxwq.jpg

I have my windshield tinted in a very light 70% tint. The tint I'm using has a very light blue hue to it which I don't mind. It does block out a lot of heat especially when driving with the sun facing you. As for suction cups, it won't stick for very long on the tint. I haven't used it on this car but on my previous cars (I've always tinted the windshield) the suction thingy will fall off after a while. Having a light tint like 70% won't affect visibility for you or the dash cam at all, it's barely noticeable. I've always felt a tint job isn't complete until you get the windshield done, since it is the biggest piece of glass on the car and lets in the most heat. Just note tho, having a tinted windshield still won't make the car less hot when you get in it unless you crack the windows open a bit all around. I usually have my OEM windshield visor up and windows cracked open a bit when parked outside on a hot day. Tinted windshield is more for when you're driving you don't feel much heat coming in from the front.

Here's a pic you can kinda see the bluish hue on the windshield.

BA1D5292-76E0-40D9-A967-BF59685277C2_zpsanwohxwq.jpg
Hey nice front bumper where u ordered it the bottom part ?

Hey nice front bumper where u ordered it the bottom part ?

Got it from Japan around Christmas last year. I don't remember the site I got it from and can't find it in my email :( It's the garage vary lip.

Look into the "3M crystalline 90" for front windshield.. Reduce UV & IR Rays while only reducing the light by only 10% and it not be noticed.

Back