Air conditioning issue

agr99

:
1999 mazda protege
Need some help. driving down the road with a/c on, and fan speed 4. than the a/c light isn't lite up, and no fan at all on any speed. I can't hear the compressor or fan come on. I don't have a meter at the moment, but I do have a spare protege which I know the a/c works on. I switched over every fuse even thought none looked damaged. I took the radio bezel off to look at the fan speed switch and it looked good nothing burnt or loose, took off the fan switch thing, changed that. Still nothing I'm stuck now haha.. this is my wife's car, that my baby rides in, so I have to get it fixed pretty soon, any help at all fellas would be greatly appreciated

Went out and the ac kicked rite on in every fan speed, I'm guessing it's a high pressure cutoff and overcharged, it was 107 yesterday and when I hooked up my gauges it was Alittle high. I guess I'll trim the charge and see what it does

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

Everything was fine for a few days, than it shutoff again. Well with the engine off pressure was 95psi, removed 6 oz. Turned off the engine, cooled down the compressor. Still nothing, thinking maybe a sensor is messed up causing no voltage to the a/c switch which is shutting off the fan at the same time to prevent further damage.. really need to get a meter to know..man don't you just hate working on stuff that you work on all day long.. at home haha

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

You are correct in that a multimeter is an absolute necessity when troubleshooting electrical stuff. I have a $40 Extech DMM that has served me well over the years.

Got a meter had power all the way back to the climate control took the cover off and the ends to the fan switch were burnt so I cut them and put new ends on didn't think the fan switch would kill power to the whole climate control, but it's fixed now here's what it looked like
ec983d32536dc948353e1482aba9333d.jpg

Back