Puddle lights

:
2016 CX-5 GT | FWD | Soul Red | Tech Package
Has anyone installed puddle lights on CX-5 doors? If so, could you please share the parts and installation details, and how difficult it is to set up?

Have you done this yet? If so I'm interested in the same. I do not want the logo lights, but a good LED strip to light up the area when I open the door...

I'm also after the same thing LED strip light as you mentioned. No luck yet.

this would be a nice feature. I would think wiring / powering these to properly come on would be the trick. Perhaps taping into the interior dome/courtesy lights? If yes, couldnt we just mount some bolt thru "eagle eye" led's to the bottom of the side view housing ?

A kit as pictured below is about $13. Fishing the wiring through the door to a courtesy interior light sounds like the worst part of the install.

s-l500.jpg

Looks nice Luv2lafmcc,

This is what I have two, two set Module LED 5037 bright white and water proof. That I was thinking of attaching with the 3M VHB tape under the door lip inside the weather striping facing straight down, or in the two indentations along the bottom of the door, outside the weather striping. The hardest part and what I've been searching is for the wiring. I want it to come on / off with the diming of the dome lights.

All I can find is that I would have to run wires back to the drivers side trunk area. And tap into them there as the wiring harness looks to be ran through the roof area. Unless someone knows how another way. Information came from other posts for lighting the door CX 5 door plates...

Photo of the LED I have, they are for channel littering for signage. For back light company signs on buildings..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 475
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 347
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 329
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 433
Mazda missed an easy win by not installing these on all trim levels, much less the GT, GTR, and Sig.

Absolutely. Even my wife's 8 year old mid level Subaru has them.

Puddle lights and glove box light are lame omissions.

Absolutely. Even my wife's 8 year old mid level Subaru has them.

Puddle lights and glove box light are lame omissions.

Agreed. Boggles my mind that car companies skimp on features that probably cost them only a couple dollars - or maybe even cents - per car. I*d rather the car come without wiper blades if it meant they*d include the cheap creature comforts. The Korean companies seem to get that, but others are far behind.

Back