2016 CX-9 GT - Retrofitting Sig. edition grille

So I heard from the dealership the grille from the signature edition is $765. That makes it slightly prohibitively expensive and that does not include the wiring need to be changed to have the OEM-like installation. I will keep my eye on the eBay listings and the craigslist postings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand this is an old post but would any of you have the part number for the Signature Grill by any chance?

I understand this is an old post but would any of you have the part number for the Signature Grill by any chance?
I do have a printout somewhere. I will scan it in soon. The part is like 680 dollars, a bit too much for my taste. I will be looking on eBay for it though...

I really like the idea and I was thinking of doing the same to my CX9 GT 2017.

Now if we look to Mazda 6 grill, there are a small then plastic straps reflecting the LED light from the main hedlights so it is not a sperated LED that needs to be pluged in to any power source.

I am wondering if there is away around this to have it on CX9 rather than buying a new grill whish is really expensive.

2drt5zs.jpg

My Signature...the grille is a nice touch

My GT have the led on the Grill (yes)

1.jpg

Lordy lord

Can you help me with this please,
is there any wiring required ? like is it LED strap or like what I said a plastic that reflects light from the headlight.

Also, how can I order it from Mazda in Mexico? like what is their website

I do nothing. The GT in Mexico have the led on the grill. We have a "Trimmed" version of the GT.

Lordy lord

Can you help me with this please,
is there any wiring required ? like is it LED strap or like what I said a plastic that reflects light from the headlight.

Also, how can I order it from Mazda in Mexico? like what is their website

I don't added any wires or make any connections, I don't pay for anything extra. The GT model in Mexico don't have the high tech items normally available on the regular GT models (USA, Canad and Australia versions) like radar cruise control but have some minor stuff available only in the Signature like the V Wing leds in the grill. They remove the good stuff for us to cut costs and just add the fancy led on the front and other minor stuff. This is why my GT cost me 32,000 US dollars.

Last edited:
Thanks Jellyfish!
Im in Australia and none of our range gets this feature. Im looking to retrofit it also.
Unfortunately we get hit with some pretty crazy USPS rates.

I bought an Azami which is our top of the range car here.

I don't added any wires or make any connections, I don't pay for anything extra. The GT model in Mexico don't have the high tech items normally available on the regular GT models (USA, Canad and Australia versions) like radar cruise control but have some minor stuff available only in the Signature like the V Wing leds in the grill. They remove the good stuff for us to cut costs and just add the fancy led on the front and other minor stuff. This is why my GT cost me 32,000 US dollars.

It does look like including multiple parts. The cost can very well be in $600-700 range.
https://www.onlinemazdaparts.com/sh...ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=0&modelYear=0

Thank you guys. sounds like Im going to look for a secondhand grill or search ebay

It probably wires right into the fuse considering where it's located. If its gonna cost over $1K better investment is to get an exhaust, at least it will make the car sound better and have minimal gains as well.

Back