Urgent help install aftermarket hu for cx-5 2016

free007

:
cx-5 2016
Hi to all!
call for all cx-5 experts!!
i am just new this forum and this is the first thread for me.
i have cx-5 2016 with infotainment system with bose audio i just want to install android navigation HEAD UNIT i recently bought one from china 10.2 inch android navigation unit
when i remove the factory HU from my CX-5 i was surprised that the connectors are different and wont fit i come to find out that these Chinese HU are made especially for previous models like 20150.2014 etc...
now i need your help very urgent to figure out how to fit this aftermarket android unit to cx-5 2016 with audio Bose
i will attach all pictures from my cx-5 2016 HU and connectors and aftermarket android unit and connectors
kindly help

Attachments

• CX-5 NAVIGATION UNIT.png
    CX-5 NAVIGATION UNIT.png
    211.5 KB · Views: 1,805
  • cx5 factory plugs.png
    cx5 factory plugs.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 752
  • aftermarket android HU.png
    aftermarket android HU.png
    140.3 KB · Views: 565
  • aftermarket HU pins.png
    aftermarket HU pins.png
    44 KB · Views: 536
  • aftermarket HU wires.png
    aftermarket HU wires.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 596
Step one: put factory HU back in
Step two: back away slowly
Step three: throw Chinese android garbage in... well... the garbage
Step four: either move on with life or sell the car in favor of one without an infotainment system

Translation; although it may be possible to shoehorn an aftermarket radio in, I highly recommend avoiding it. Especially if you are asking on a forum what to do. It will be far more complicated than you will likely be able to tackle. I wouldn't do it and I have 15+ years of hacking odd things like carpc's into various different vehicles.

The infotainment system is heavily integrated into your vehicles CAN bus. Bose is notorious for doing odd things like running balanced lines to an amp in the left muffler tip that powers all speakers except one. It will add even further difficulty to the change.

Step one: put factory HU back in
Step two: back away slowly
Step three: throw Chinese android garbage in... well... the garbage
Step four: either move on with life or sell the car in favor of one without an infotainment system

Translation; although it may be possible to shoehorn an aftermarket radio in, I highly recommend avoiding it. Especially if you are asking on a forum what to do. It will be far more complicated than you will likely be able to tackle. I wouldn't do it and I have 15+ years of hacking odd things like carpc's into various different vehicles.

The infotainment system is heavily integrated into your vehicles CAN bus. Bose is notorious for doing odd things like running balanced lines to an amp in the left muffler tip that powers all speakers except one. It will add even further difficulty to the change.
step 1:thanks for reply and advice
step 2:i believe there are many experts in this forum they may help and give guidance
step 3:i dont give up

step 1:thanks for reply and advice
step 2:i believe there are many experts in this forum they may help and give guidance
step 3:i dont give up
Moxified is correct. Adding an amp with subwoofer and replacing dash speakers are the popular mods for a fully integrated 2016 CX-5 Bose system, but we haven't seen anyone who had replaced Bose head unit with an aftermarket one! From the wire harness and connectors of your aftermarket head unit it seems to be designed for replacing CX-5 non-Bose system. If I were you, I'd try to sell this incompatible aftermarket head unit on eBay to recoup some cost back!

I would not install that android radio. I have used one before in a Kia forte. While they do have some nice features. They lack quality. Also they are often vehicle specific down to the trim level. For instance, the one I installed in my Forte was specifically for the ex trim level without navigation. Would not fit cars that have navigation. In this case, I'm guessing the harness provided doesn't match up because it's probably for a non bose cx5. Not to mention it says it's for a different year model. I would try to return it. And if you can't, sell it.

I would not install that android radio. I have used one before in a Kia forte. While they do have some nice features. They lack quality. Also they are often vehicle specific down to the trim level. For instance, the one I installed in my Forte was specifically for the ex trim level without navigation. Would not fit cars that have navigation. In this case, I'm guessing the harness provided doesn't match up because it's probably for a non bose cx5. Not to mention it says it's for a different year model. I would try to return it. And if you can't, sell it.
your are right its for none bose model but its nice and has a lot of features like wifi and more i am still looking for a solution and i hope i find it.

Moxified, carpc hmmm?
I have build one myself, but I have never installed it yet. D525/HD radio adapter/Centrafuse/SSD/Garmin/Wi-Fi/Windows 10/smart Dc-Dc converter, etc.

Hello did you got this working? I also have dilemma when android car stereo from china need to replace this mazda bose system.

how will you change some of the vehicle settings that are integrated in/through the infotainment screen? - lights, door chime, fuel economy graph, etc.

as mentioned above, BOSE gear DOES NOT play well with other components regardless of the plug and play nature. BOSE is notorious for using non-standard impedance ratings on their speakers and using amps (in various locations) to power the speakers. Sending a different signal at a different voltage to those amps will screw with the sound output of said speakers

My personal experience with Bose cra...stuff --> had a '04 Pathfinder w/Bose HU (tape and CD (rockon) ), replaced with JVC HU because CD player skipped often, used factory harness and steering wheel controls; lost all the low end and could not match the factory "clarity" the BOSE HU provided. Swapped the Bose HU back in and the sound stage was normal again.

The screen in the dash is just that, a screen and CD player. The real brains live behind the glove box, IIRC, but I could be mistaken as I haven't dove into the dash and our 2016 does not have Bose or NAV.

cmu-back-connectors-annotated.jpg

cmu-power-connector-annotated.png

Well, it's easy to calculate how much the car consumes just by putting the fuel into it. I think the door chimes and others are bit futile anyway, here is the way of this connector, has anyone dig up the audio & more connector yet? I have one jumper cable for this and i can debug it. China radio came with canbus decoder, so i assume when i wire it up to the Canbus.. then the settings might work what are required to work.

I bought this radio for my Dad because MZD doesn't seem to be useful system at all. He has a 2016 mazda cx-5, item said this would fit to 2016. It fits very nice to it's place and seller plays he doesn't speak or understand english anymore.. So returning the item to the china ain't so easy. This radio came with a new joystick and it's connected to the unit via own connector.

Back