CX-9 2016 spark-plug

daxindamix

:
Mazda CX-9 2016
Hi all,

does anyone can find the reference part of the spark-plug for the MY2016? I don't mean the part number from Mazda but the part number from spark-plug supplier. I would like to know what Kind of spark-plug is used. If you have the properties of the spark-plug, it would be even better! :)

Thanks in advance!

Just wondering if any 16 or 17 CX9 owners changed the spark plugs yet, read somewhere the manual calls out to be changed at 40,000 miles.

I am getting ready to do this but can find the gap measurement. I bought the plugs from mazda as no one else had them for the 2016 CX-9. Anyone know the gap measurement?

Found a part number from NGK (LTR6IX-11). Gap is 0.043".

You need to be very careful with iridium and platinum, etc. plugs. Usually the gap is set when they are made - if you use a gapping tool it is very easy to break off the center electrode.

Found a part number from NGK (LTR6IX-11). Gap is 0.043".

You need to be very careful with iridium and platinum, etc. plugs. Usually the gap is set when they are made - if you use a gapping tool it is very easy to break off the center electrode.

Not only that, but on some of the Plat/Iridium plugs there is also even a PLAT/IRID pad attached to the underside on the GROUND electrode also. Gapping incorrectly will damage that fragile and soft pad of special metal. (The sliver dollar coin ramp/slide gappers are a BIG NO NO!) Honestly you will not need to gap it unless the plug was dropped outside of its box. Do not use anti-seize either, it is NOT recommended.

Last edited:
Back