2016 Cx-9 Ambient Lighting option question

widdy88

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Hello everyone,

I just purchased the signature model 2016 and i had the ambient lighting installed on my car (part # TK52-V7-050). If you have this installed can you provided feedback?

The light turns on when I open the door and when the lights light goes away after I shut the door. Is this expected? I would think that the lights should stay on constant and light very dim in the footwell when driving at night.

The mazda website does not explain the functionality in much detail.

Thanks in advance.

If it's the $300 add-on, I think it's just when the doors are open. But I can't find documentation.

You can take it to the dealer where it was installed and ask. Maybe they can even make it so that it stays on while the car is on. Out if curiosity, where is that on/off switch?
Does the signature model have an active button next to the parking sensor on/off button? Top right out of those six buttons?

I plan to take it to the dealer in 2 weeks but i can tell you that they struggled with the install. So thus i have to reach the board for feedback.

I will check the buttons tonight.

ok so i found out that there is a loose wire. When the door shuts it does slightly dim and it turns off when I shake underneath the dash..will bring back to the dealer....thanks.,

Also, there is a system setting that lets you set how bright you want the lighting and you can even turn it off completely if you want. There is a small led light that is part of the ambient lighting that lights up the gear selector area. My wife wanted to lower that light and I did find you can lower it but its a setting for overall ambient lighting so more of an fyi to those that have it, it is adjustable: low,med,high and off.

Also, there is a system setting that lets you set how bright you want the lighting and you can even turn it off completely if you want. There is a small led light that is part of the ambient lighting that lights up the gear selector area. My wife wanted to lower that light and I did find you can lower it but its a setting for overall ambient lighting so more of an fyi to those that have it, it is adjustable: low,med,high and off.

I think that's for the regular ambient light that's on the door handles and the map light on top...what he's talking about it's different. It's an add-on you pay extra to have installed at the dealership.

Ahh, gotcha. I thought is was the lighting that came on the Signature. I read the original post and thought "why would he add the ambient lighting when it's already included"..but I guess I just got schooled :D

Can you provide a pic of the lighting? I had it in my last car and really liked it. Of course, it was only a $35 Subaru accessory. I don't see why this one is so expensive.

Hi guys,
here is a picture of the ambient light option that I had mentioned.

It lights up the foot well when i open the door to full brightness.

It *suppose* to light up the footwell very dimly when the doors are closed simarily to the console ambient light. However it has stopped working. It now only works when I open the door.

I took it to Mazda today and they told me that is the way this is designed as they called Mazda tech to ask them how this works. Extremely frustrated here....

Anyone who has this light installed, please tell me how it is suppose to work. Even calling Mazda themselves they are not sure!!

Thanks.

John

unnamed.jpg

is it just the footwell? or does it light other areas?
This BHP1-V7-050 Mazda Interior Lighting Kit is for footwell only. The OP call it "Ambient Lighting" and ambient lighting is located on the ceiling area near map lights. This footwell lighting is "courtesy light".

There is a universal round on/off switch and looks like it needs drilling a hole somewhere to install the switch. Yeah I can't see why it's worth $300 list!

Thanks @yrwei52. This switch is installed by the gas cap release lever.

What does this switch suppose to do? sounds like a silly question question but in my case it does nothing! does not turn on or off anything (for sure it does not turn off the foot light).

This BHP1-V7-050 Mazda Interior Lighting Kit is for footwell only. The OP call it "Ambient Lighting" and ambient lighting is located on the ceiling area near map lights. This footwell lighting is "courtesy light".

There is a universal round on/off switch and looks like it needs drilling a hole somewhere to install the switch. Yeah I can't see why it's worth $300 list!

@yrwei52 what does "OP" mean? thanks.

Back