No Radio, Interior Lights or Door Locks. Fuse not blowing.

uwtriguy

:
Mazda 3s Tittie Gray 5-door 5-sp
Hey gang. I searched and didn't find anything on this specific problem so here we go:

2004 3s Hatch.
Alternator went bad a couple months ago. During this time the radio (stock) went out. Changed the fuse in the cabin and it worked for a few minutes before the radio went out again. This time the fuse was fine. Whatever, I drove it. Then it sat for a while when I drove a work vehicle. Ended up changing the alternator and battery a few weeks ago. Now trying to fix the radio. All fuses in the car are fine when visually inspected. Replaced the cabin radio fuse and the ROOM fuse just to double check and still nothing. On to the multimeter. Cabin radio fuse is fine. ROOM fuse under hood is reading zero but it is not blown.
Symptoms all occurring: No Radio, right turn signal remains on after turning, no dome lights or hatch or glove box lights and key fob doesn't work.

Has anybody had this happen? Fixed it? Any ideas where to start? I would think a short in the line would be blowing a fuse constantly.

I think I remember a FAINT electrical smell when I replaced the radio fuse the fist time and the radio shut down again but the fuse remained in tact.

So far I've pulled the radio and unhooked it but the cabin lights didn't come on. I pulled the center and front dome lights but didn't find a bulb problem.

I'm stumped. Any help would be great. Is there a chance a rodent chewed that specific wire while sitting for an extended period?

Thank you everyone.

Last edited:
Back