Started some work on my 2..."Molly"

:
2014 Mazda 2 Sport
Pics will follow...sadly, I forgot to take pictures of my short-throw shift plate. DAMN! oh well.

Without further a-do:
vjmo8TFm.jpg

Ed74JAcm.jpg

FRWtbFlm.jpg

ZkfQ3Hhm.jpg

Y8oOPNLm.jpg

g9jrWbxm.jpg

sYzrAoOm.jpg

FAST Wheels A014 with Mazda center caps w/ Yokohama Avid S34F tires, Corksport Stubby antenna, Corksport strut tower bar, Corksport short-throw shift plate, H&R lowering springs, Magnaflow axle-back muffler.
Plus some doodads that don't help performance: Alpine Type-S front speaker replacement, Alpine amp, Alpine Type R 8" flat-mount sub (in the hatch), LED reverse lights, PIAA headlight bulbs, Mazda aluminum pedals (so I don't muck up the foot-rest carpeting), and a small bucket to put my non-driving sneakers, and a Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack CD.

I'd love to get some more mods into this zippy little girl. Intake is next, either Corksport SRI with cold duct, or Injen CAI...then ECU tuning.

Looking good!

Is the Mazda pedal set actually a 4 piece, or did the dead pedal come separately?

Originally, I only wanted the dead pedal, not the whole shebang. However, iirc, it was more inconvenient for the dealership to order only that one piece. Plus if i got the whole kit, they cut me a pretty decent discount...which amounted to getting the dead pedal for free or nearly free.

tl;dr: both!

Finally got around to ordering the AWR dogbone, i purchased the 88 durometer one. even with waiting for the seized bolts in the factory mount to loosen up, it took me maybe 15 minutes. Here are some pictures!

Fresh out of the box!
IrlhOEz.jpg

factory mount removed
VQxvuVj.jpg

AWR mount installed
iYBBEaq.jpg

Yo that is nice I have the same color sport 2012 version I got 80000k miles on in now and used to live in an Arizona lot and now has Cali Plates.

Yo that is nice I have the same color sport 2012 version I got 80000k miles on in now and used to live in an Arizona lot and now has Cali Plates.

That's a lot of mileage! It's a super colour, I love it...way more than the green, to be honest. There are times when I wish I had been able to get it in black, or a higher trim level, but it was the only one left and the price was right! haha! Silver Bullet!

Impression on the dog bone mount?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The 88 duro dogbone is fantastic. I left a review on the AWR site about it even, but here's my full impression:

NVH has gone through the roof, so if you like a quiet, comfy, relaxing ride, then I would recommend either the 70 durometer, or stock. The people who recommend filling the OEM mount with JB Weld or somesuch...i dont know what to say. The dogbone was $85.
That being said, the throttle response and shift feel are sublime. I really feel connected to the drivetrain now. Yes, the car does act as a resonator, and it's pretty annoying on cold start-up, as the idle@1500 or so tends to vibrate the wing mirrors and everything else...so i put a bobble-head hula girl on my dash to make me feel better about it....pics to follow.
Before I replaced the mount, downshifting was acceptable, but there was something missing. Again, I put it down to a vagueness in the connectivity between driver and drivetrain. Downshifting now is a dream.
Coupled with the Corksport short-throw plate and proper seat adjustment, the shifting feel is just as sporty as a Miata.
I do plan on getting the DDMWorks upper short-shift "adapter"...nub...thing, so I'll see how that changes things. More updates as the build continues!

Ordered a set of LED marker lights...should brighten things up a little bit? We'll see. I've been hit by an ice storm, so my modding will have to wait for a few weeks. Still waiting on the Injen CAI...apparently it is 5 weeks for delivery....which at this point doesn't matter due to ice!

Injen CAI is now installed, as well as LED fender turn indicators. also replaced "marker lights" in the headlights with LED bulbs, LED brake, reverse, and plate light bulbs. Next up will be the RacingBeat swaybars! woot woot!

Nice to see you chugging along on the project. These things are a blast to DD, and just as fun at autocross/track.

Nice to see you chugging along on the project. These things are a blast to DD, and just as fun at autocross/track.
yep yep yep! sure is a great car. almost at 30k Kms now. i notice Seibon makes a cf hood...wonder if that's still a thing people do to cars...

yep yep yep! sure is a great car. almost at 30k Kms now. i notice Seibon makes a cf hood...wonder if that's still a thing people do to cars...

While our 2's are front-heavy, the hood is so small that the weight loss doesn't seem worth it to me. I'd spend the money on a Dynotronics reflash.

I used to have a carbon hood on, of all things, my '04 Subaru Baja Turbo. (Same fitment as US-spec '00-04 legacy/outback).

Back