Devon's Black Mica MSP

Bearings and hubs finally came, driver side is done, now I can move the car and do the passenger side! Having a small driveway sucks.
0d95dddc9e543a6e0bf6723d596857eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You still have those old headlights? If so, ill buy them. I have a little project im working on.

I don't unfortunately, friend of mine was selling his p5 and it had cracked lenses so he gave me some cash for my old ones

So got the car all slapped together and ready to be inspected. But for some reason the turn signals are blinking exceptionally fast? All bulbs are good and operating fine. It's both sides and I'm not sure what's going on. The front signals don't seem very bright when flashing with the running lights on so I switched the bulbs out and I still have the same issue. Looks like I get to dig up some wiring diagrams and see what the hell is happening before i can get inspected...*blows out brains*

Yes. I'm going to buy a brand new pair just for good measure. I was using the bulbs that came with the headlights and then switched in the bulbs that were previously on the car.
6266a243b1e3b58999ddf70b96a15aa2.jpg
got my turbo oil line gasket in today as well.

Swapped bulbs and still have the same issue really not sure what's going on, going to possibly pick up a turn signal relay from the junkyard before I dive into all the wiring. Then another one of the previous owners genius ideas surfaced again...
df0fd257ee61fd7b9ba165646c14a7f4.jpg
can't find a 6x1.00 bolt? Let's just throw a self tapping screw in there! Dink. Anyway got that tapped and good to go so I started working on the turbo oil line leak...
383d85c95910535ac0bc9026784e777d.jpg
not sure there is supposed to be rubber fuel line on my turbo oil line...so looks like I'm buying a new line! Anyone know of a site that sells a factory replacement? Or even a stainless steel line? All the lines I'm finding are for a gt turbo and they seem to be a mile long.

Did an oil change and found that the Bosch filters are the biggest ones the parts catalogue lists for our cars. Always good to have a little extra oil filtration for the car.
b6254cc1356bae94f993ae3a1def635c.jpg

I started working on the turbo oil line leak...
383d85c95910535ac0bc9026784e777d.jpg
not sure there is supposed to be rubber fuel line on my turbo oil line...so looks like I'm buying a new line! Anyone know of a site that sells a factory replacement? Or even a stainless steel line?

Why not take the old one to a hydraulic line shop so they can replace the hose on your fittings?

The return line probably started leaking, the factory line is silicone but they fail eventually. Nothing wrong with running a rubber line but a braided or silicone line would be ideal. I run the 626 V6 oil filter, it's probably the one you bought.

Wow I guess I haven't posted here for awhile, it's winter here so things are moving sort of slowly for the car just been driving it.

A few small things I have done recently are fixing the issue I had with the front directionals, turns out that the bulb sockets my new headlights came with were defective so I had them warranty them and now they work great!

I also had issues with my washer nozzles so I replaced them with some from a Mazda Tribute, this is a common upgrade in miatas and I figured I'd try it out on the MSP and it works great. The tribute nozzles will spray in a fan pattern as opposed to the 2 pee streams from factory.
0ed0e1e9cf6d6c66947d9cb489e6fe0d.jpg

More recently I noticed the passenger floor being soaked with water even after just a light rain, so I started pulling apart the interior and luckily the first thing I had pulled out other than the seat was the passenger side A pillar plastic and right beneath that I could see where the water had been getting in through the windshield surround. A little silicon caulking did the trick for that. Unfortunately I didn't catch it in time so my headliner had become completely soaked and mildewed. So a trip to the junk yard and a lot of cursing later I had two protege headliners out and had decided I was going to paint the headliner and plastics black so it didn't give the car a base model feel any more.
55a670c389ed22ef86da9e021bec60aa.jpg
results were pretty decent I creased the headliner a little when putting it in so I wasn't very happy about that but the car isn't a show car and I'm happier with this look.

70819811ae787f18c906c7e400f52526.jpg
In addition to all the other stuff I got a roof rack for my bike and kayak come summer time. Thule cross bars with 2 kayak attachments and a bike attachmeant with the correct feet for $150 I think I got a pretty good deal on them.

Have had a little time off from work due to my boss being in surgery so I've been trying to work on the msp as frequently as possible. Recently my boost gauge had stopped illuminating so I tried to track down what the issue may have been.
9fd34b907a810bf2dc2a66578b295b17.jpg
everything seems normal here.
90ddbdbb09db1443a8f6b572ae635a50.jpg
uhhh
05f4cddb295e9cfca067fba85578546d.jpg
well
371001bfcb326b3771e980d6d057ef56.jpg
how about that! Seems like an electrical Neanderthal installed the boost gauge! Spent a bit of time straightening out the wiring and ditched the pillar gauge because it was falling apart due to a poor install with all sorts of broken clips. Eventually I want to make some sort of panel near the cup holder with an afr gauge as well but for now I just drilled a small hole in the cubby closest to drivers door and it seems to be fine for now
b426f92034f5dafd3c658fcaa37f007f.jpg
apparently don't have an installed picture but there's no wire or vacuum line visible anymore.
19315abdf0308ce3a531bc73f10d3316.jpg
spent a little time cleaning up the paint, it will never be good but cleaning up what's still there makes me feel a little better. Picked up some Ford Fusion front calipers for $15/each at the junkyard so I'll be doing a larger front brake conversion as well as replacing rubber hoses with stainless.

Back