JDM led abmient light

Looks great! I cannot find it on Japanparts.com, can you please provide the link so I can purchase? Thank you!
I ordered via email support. Shot them an email with the part number and they will add it to the website for you to buy it. Great customer support.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gotcha, thank you! How bad was it to take out the 'Bin' in front of the shifter to drill the hole?

Gotcha, thank you! How bad was it to take out the 'Bin' in front of the shifter to drill the hole?
It's not that difficult if you're familiar with panel removal and have the right tools for it. Im going to try to take a pic or a video, and show what panels i removed in order to make it easier to figure out.

here's a video of what i did (popcorn) sorry for the portrait mode (rofl2)

unfortunately instructions are in Japanese but this is really straight forward, positive goes to marker lights (there are a few locations for it) and negative to chassis.

PD: English is not my native language and i have a very bad cold :)

That helps so much, I greatly appreciate it! Waiting for the company to get back to me! It will be nice just having the glove box light!

This cubby light is nice and I really wish it comes from factory along with glove compartment light. And the wiring harness for glove compartment light is missing for US spec CX-5 which will be more hassle to get a power source for the cubby light. The kit you got seems to use incandescent bulbs, not LEDs.

Does your Automatic Climate Control system have our missing "ECON" AC mode?
b0640be82648b04545ce838ababd2e99.jpg

Eco mode activated, it does by itself when the outside temp is within 2 degrees from the set temperature on the inside.

AC "ECO" Mode

b0640be82648b04545ce838ababd2e99.jpg

Eco mode activated, it does by itself when the outside temp is within 2 degrees from the set temperature on the inside.
Thanks for posting a picture! So the AC "ECO" mode is not one of the mode selections on "AC" button, but rather it's activated automatically! I believe "ECO" means the AC compressor is off or on depending on the temperature been set. Without it the AC compressor is on all the time when "AC" is on, but by introducing heated air from heater core mixing with cold air by AC's evaporator for desired temperature.

Thanks for posting a picture! So the AC "ECO" mode is not one of the mode selections on "AC" button, but rather it's activated automatically! I believe "ECO" means the AC compressor is off or on depending on the temperature been set. Without it the AC compressor is on all the time when "AC" is on, but by introducing heated air from heater core mixing with cold air by AC's evaporator for desired temperature.
You can also select it manually with the A/C button, but if you hit the auto button the car will decide whats best suited for the temp you selected.

Last edited:
Just purchased the kit! Excited to have a glove box light, though I'm a little worried about getting the console piece next to the SD card out.

finally received today ,, but im sad .. i try to installed everything fine its plug and play ,, dome light work sunroof work but the LED wont work i don't know

whats the problem or why it didn't work ? someone would help me should i need to wire something? because i see some cable with fuse i dont know what use for ?

by the way i have easy way to install cubby it will not cost u too much here's my car from inside just purchase a USB LED light for computer and use it :)

im also finished today install USB Led multicolored light strip with remote under foot its easy way i take it from amazon

here's the link
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

finally received today ,, but im sad .. i try to installed everything fine its plug and play ,, dome light work sunroof work but the LED wont work i don't know

whats the problem or why it didn't work ? someone would help me should i need to wire something? because i see some cable with fuse i dont know what use for ?

You have to use that wiring connector in order to get power to the led. Also i belive the mic for the bluetooth is in that same spot so you will have to use it from the old part. The wiring loom should have 2 spades connector that would have to be inserted on the car connector and then routed down in order to get ground and power from the marker lights circuit. This was covered in an earlier post.

If you need anything else let me know. Im waiting on my order so the more i know the better [emoji2]

You have to use that wiring connector in order to get power to the led. Also i belive the mic for the bluetooth is in that same spot so you will have to use it from the old part. The wiring loom should have 2 spades connector that would have to be inserted on the car connector and then routed down in order to get ground and power from the marker lights circuit. This was covered in an earlier post.

If you need anything else let me know. Im waiting on my order so the more i know the better [emoji2]

Isn't plug and play? Why the doom and sunroof work? I thought its in the same circuit and it will work ,, hmmm you mean that should i use this wire with fuse to give the led power to work?? Its hard for me to do it .. are you sure that wire is important! The led is already plugged into console, that what im thought it should work by this way without the wire . I didnt see here any instructions for how to do it , the mic I believe its just pulled from old to the new one , wheres the post that you talk about?

Here's what I figured out so far....

Red and Black get plugged into the light harness... Black into spot #2, Red into spot #4.
The pins seem different than the existing ones, I had a hard time locking the pins in place, so I just left the locking piece of the clip off...

29078546515_feef03ce78_k.jpg
[/url]Ambient wiring harness. Black in spot #2, red in #4 by seajus s, on Flickr[/IMG]

Harness down the A-pillar, used the existing clips to hold it into place

Down the A-pillar, used the existing clips to attach by seajus s, on Flickr

Dropped it straight down this hole with no problems...

Dropped harness into this hole by seajus s, on Flickr

Gotta figure out where to plug this in though...

29078717395_aee28e400a_k.jpg
[/url]Hmmm by seajus s, on Flickr[/IMG]

Hooked up a 9v battery to test... it works!!

29078510625_342a072184_z.jpg
[/url]Powered by a 9v by seajus s, on Flickr[/IMG]

Night shot doesn't do it justice... Looks nice and subtle, while lighting up the cup holder area.
It's kinda hard to see, I'm too lazy to get the dslr out for a better shot. You can see the light straight above the mirror power light

28460914843_dd4b5575d9_z.jpg
[/url]Night shot of cx-5 ambient. by seajus s, on Flickr[/IMG]

I don't have it hardwired to the car yet. I'd like it to turn on with the headlights and maybe even dim if it's possible...
This post.

Back