Anyone running LED headlights?

Earlier CX-9s have conventional halogen headlights or Xenon HIDs depending on the trim.
Bulbs are available to easily convert conventional halogens to LED.
I imagine it's possible to convert HIDs to LEDs, but the process is likely much more involved and expensive.

All 2016 CX-9s come standard with LED headlights.

..........All 2016 CX-9s come standard with LED headlights.

2016 CX-5 owners with LED headlights are reporting dimmed or flickering DRL's, any issues reported for 2016 CX-9 owners ? I read some CX-9 owners are reporting excessive shaking headlights over bumpy roads.

2016 CX-5 owners with LED headlights are reporting dimmed or flickering DRL's, any issues reported for 2016 CX-9 owners ? I read some CX-9 owners are reporting excessive shaking headlights over bumpy roads.

My 2016 Miata's LED headlights (first of its generation in Austin) vibrated (appears to be flickering) enough that I complained and had them replaced under warranty.
It's new lights have a slight vibration, but not enough to warrant a second replacement.

The headlights on the CX-9 exhibit a very slight vibration on washboard roads, but still less than the Miata's replacement lights.
I believe the vibration to result from tolerances in the mechanisms that level and steer the LEDs.
I'm not concerned and haven't complained about the CX-9s lights ... I've just enjoyed the bright, stark white light that they provide.

Back