Can I take my CX-5 to any dealer for recall?

adumau

:
Touring AWD CX-5
I know it's been like 5 months since they started the recall, but I've been pretty lazy. Can I take it to any dealer or do I have to bring it to the dealer that sold it to me?

Is there a way to tell if my 2014 has had the recall fix performed already? We just got it last week from a Mazda dealership in town.

There is a sticker under my hood like this.

IMG_63401.jpg

I just realized, isn't it illegal to sell a car with an open recall? Is that sticker under the hood the only evidence of it being done? Our 2014 we just got last week doesn't have that sticker, so what course of action should I take?

You go to any Mazda dealer, have them enter the VIN into their computer and it will give a complete record of dealer-performed service, warranty repairs and recall work. Simple!

I just realized, isn't it illegal to sell a car with an open recall? Is that sticker under the hood the only evidence of it being done? Our 2014 we just got last week doesn't have that sticker, so what course of action should I take?

A) Were you a member of HT? Spend any time in the GDD subforum, if so? Used to spend all of my days there and your name looks familiar- BauleyCivic, George Knighton, KnightSport, nyluder!?! These names will ring a bell if so.

And yes, yes it is. A vehicle sold with an open recall, that's a federal no-no. I'm a service manager at a dealership.

Last edited:
Oh my G, a dealership sold me a car that has an open recall! What should I do? Seeking for your advice bros and sis.. Got me a 2013 CX5 Touring.. DCH Nissan freehold sold me this car.. What should I do?

Back