Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2016 CX5 GT Needs new pads

Registered Member

2015 CX5 GT AWD

Yes they do have lifetime warranty. Independent shops around here also offer the same lifetime pad warranty.

I'll gladly pay a little more to get my car completely serviced in one shop, especially while I'm under warranty.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5, 2.0 Manual Transmission

Quote Originally Posted by mashburned View Post
    I noticed mazda has 2 oem pads - regular and a "value line". Wonder if value pads are what it comes with factory? Or used to before they had issues with earlier model pad wear.... I don't know, just thinking out loud. Would value line be different composition? Thinner? What makes them a value?

Dealer quoted me $75 a set for front and rear pads. That's about what they'd cost me from Mazda med center. Labor is $144 a set. Seems reasonable. Feel like brake shop could do 40-50$ pads around $100 labor. We'll see.
    I dont know what mazda used initially. But after having problems with my 1990 mazda 626 brakes when using parts store pads. I switched to Mazda Value line pads. The quality is very good, and I never had any issue like the after market pads. The after market would always warp rotors in less than a year. Never had a warped rotor after switching to the value pads.
    I drove that mazda for 25 years and almost 400,000 miles. The last 200,000 miles were with the value pads.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    Get the stoptech pads, they are about the same price and thicker and no noise too. I replaced my front/rear with stoptech preferred (basic) rotors and posi quiet pads
    Mind sharing your thought on those centric posi quiet pads? I think I read somewhere they don't stop quite as good as stock, this true?

Registered Member

cx-5 GT Tech

I found that aftermarket pads took much more braking to get up to temp than stock pads do. I *want* the pads to get up to temp immediately for street driving, so I can emergency-stop qucker.

'14.5 CX-5 Touring AWD, Soul Red | '14 CX-5 Touring AWD White

My 2014 CX-5 has 45K on it. Front/Rear is at 50%. Wifey drives that one most of the time. It has at least a year left before I check it again.
    My 2014.5 CX-5 has 41K on it. Front/Rear is at 40%. I drive it, hence the difference. I'll change pads this fall the soonest.

Now, why do some of you change pads @20K is beyond me. Do you guys constantly race?

In any case, I've had good luck with Wagner Ceramics in the past. Will try it on my CX-5 when time comes.

Registered Member

CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by timberstx View Post
    I dont know what mazda used initially. But after having problems with my 1990 mazda 626 brakes when using parts store pads. I switched to Mazda Value line pads. The quality is very good, and I never had any issue like the after market pads. The after market would always warp rotors in less than a year. Never had a warped rotor after switching to the value pads.
    I drove that mazda for 25 years and almost 400,000 miles. The last 200,000 miles were with the value pads.
    just FYI, yes I agree with you that some pads are more harsher than others and tend to warp rotors but
    the main reason rotors "warp" is because of not using a torque wrench when tightening wheels,

ALWAYS use a "star" pattern when tightening and a torque wrench for wheel nuts, it amazes me how many auto shops don't use torque wrenches, they just use those impact air wrenches and that's it.......

only those who use torque wrenches regularly when rotating tires realize how bad "tightening by feel" really is, I set the torque wrench per OEM specs and it's amazing when you think a wheel nut is tight enough how much more torque you need for the torque wrench to click.... I learned the hard way from previous cars, warped rotors constantly until I started using the torque wrench, no warp rotors ever since.....

hopes this helps anyone else from warped rotors

http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/a...etails?id=1787
    Last edited by batmancx; 03-20-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Registered Member

cx-5 GT Tech

Air wrenches can be fitted with links that limit torque: https://www.amazon.com/Astro-78810-1.../dp/B007K92N7M

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123