Overriding CX-5 Infotainment System

BenDibble

:
2016.5 CX-5 Touring
I find it incredibly frustrating that I cannot use certain functions of the infotainment system while driving. Even with a passenger in the vehicle certain menus options are greyed out.

Is there a way to override the system and be able to use all functionality regardless of the driving condition of the vehicle?

Search the forums, there is a vast pool of information on modding the entertainment center.

I typed this up on my Smartphone using Tapatalk [emoji12]

I find it incredibly frustrating that I cannot use certain functions of the infotainment system while driving. Even with a passenger in the vehicle certain menus options are greyed out.

Is there a way to override the system and be able to use all functionality regardless of the driving condition of the vehicle?

Here you go: it works. Now my wife and enter address while we are on the move.

https://youtu.be/dY8y_80C6Uc

Tested ddtigger1 method and it works...except for the native GPS that stopped showing driving direction.....Has anyone found a GPS fix?

Tested ddtigger1 method and it works...except for the native GPS that stopped showing driving direction.....Has anyone found a GPS fix?
Our GPS has already stopped working with no reason anyway ... (pissed)

That's the nature of the hack, basically it disables GPS so that the system doesn't detect the car is moving, thus doesn't restrict the use of touch screen. Just revert the hack and you'll have GPS working again (but touch screen will be disabled again while driving).

I find it incredibly frustrating that I cannot use certain functions of the infotainment system while driving.

This feature is presumably about safety, but it's sometimes making it less safe (let alone introducing inconvenience), eg. to pause (not mute) the music, instead of a quick tap on the screen I have to reach for the commander wheel, turn until it (precisely) stops at the pause button, the depress the wheel. IMHO this introduces more distraction to my driving.

Last edited:
That's the nature of the hack, basically it disables GPS so that the system doesn't detect the car is moving, thus doesn't restrict the use of touch screen. Just revert the hack and you'll have GPS working again (but touch screen will be disabled again while driving).

My nav system still works. I even tested it this morning... punched in my office address and it guided me to work. I was using the touchscreen for audio while driving.

My nav system still works. I even tested it this morning... punched in my office address and it guided me to work. I was using the touchscreen for audio while driving.

My bad, didn't remember exactly what the issue was. It was the compass that got affected, not the GPS. I'm using the Enhanced Compass to display the surrounding map (instead of paying for Mazda nav), the touchscreen hack still allows the GPS to tell where I am on the map, it just can't tell which direction I'm going (I guess the hack disabled the speed/direction detection by disabling the two scripts: set_lvds_speed_restriction_config.sh and set_speed_restriction_config.sh).

You can still have the screen working while driving with out affecting the GPS, my nav still works after I installed some of these tweaks.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...io-electronics/122458-aio-all-one-tweaks.html

I did have help from some one on a UK forum.

What I really like is seeing the phone signal now all the time, ie its not blanked out by a street name.
I selected A,B,C,D,X

The All-in-One tweaks are amazing! I selected 8 (all tweaks) and then fine-tuned and removed the ones I had no use for. The video player works great and is fun to mess around with. It's nice not having the silly disclaimer, being able to use the touchscreen while in motion, etc.

Android Auto is fully functional, but causes some issues with Bluetooth calling. There is a workaround around though, and it'll be perfect once it is permanent. I installed the CastScreen Receiver and cast my Android screen to the in-dash display while using Bluetooth for audio. With a couple tweaks by Tasker, I have fully functional in-screen GPS driven by my phone and full audio.

The only downside with CastScreen currently is having to SSH in to set iptable on each startup. That should be corrected soon once they incorporate a fix into AIO. The latency for screen casting isn't too bad either.

Here's some screenshots of my current setup. I don't have any currently of the CastScreen or Android Auto though. I was meaning to take some tonight or tomorrow morning.

20160921_083450.jpg 20160921_083527.jpg 20160921_083548.jpg

Last edited:
Back