Performance Mods on a 2009 CX-9?

Official NOCO

:
2014 Mazda6 GT
Hello everyone,

My name is Matt and I work for the NOCO company doing social media outreach. I am on various car enthusiast forums, and that is why I am here today! I recently sold my 05 jeep wrangler to get an upgrade, but in the meantime I have been given my mom's 2009 cx-9. I am shocked at how great of a car this is for looking like a big "mom car." It drives great, and it's got me wondering.. is there anyone out there who has done some performance upgrades to it?

I don't know a whole lot about car modding, but I have been wanting to get into it for a long time. Has another added things like cold-air intake or turbos to a cx-9? Anything to make it "sporty" that is relatively low cost. Lowering the car? Different wheels or tires? I would love to hear your ideas and what you have done to make this more of a driver's car than it already is.

Matt

Hello everyone,

My name is Matt and I work for the NOCO company doing social media outreach. I am on various car enthusiast forums, and that is why I am here today! I recently sold my 05 jeep wrangler to get an upgrade, but in the meantime I have been given my mom's 2009 cx-9. I am shocked at how great of a car this is for looking like a big "mom car." It drives great, and it's got me wondering.. is there anyone out there who has done some performance upgrades to it?

I don't know a whole lot about car modding, but I have been wanting to get into it for a long time. Has another added things like cold-air intake or turbos to a cx-9? Anything to make it "sporty" that is relatively low cost. Lowering the car? Different wheels or tires? I would love to hear your ideas and what you have done to make this more of a driver's car than it already is.

Matt
Personally I wouldn’t go too far with performance mods on a CX-9 but who doesn’t like more power. Since the car is an suv, there may not be a lot of specific performance mods available for it. I would recommend upgrading the suspension and tires. Forced induction and low cost don’t really go together. With a proper tune, you should be able to gain some power from an intake and exhaust. Maybe someone can chime in on tunes available for our engine.

Back