2016 Grand Touring LED upgrade

I change mine to LED last week. For some reason my car suddenly won't start after I use it for less that a week. So, I bring it to Mazda. They diagnosed the cars & was told I blow a fuse. It cost me almost $150 to have it fix co'z its not covered with warranty. Also, they remove all my LED lights & install the old (stock) one. All my LED's came from my Mazda 5 that I traded & it's a little bit confusing when they explain it to me of what happen. I am just writing this for you guys to be careful.

I change mine to LED last week. For some reason my car suddenly won't start after I use it for less that a week. So, I bring it to Mazda. They diagnosed the cars & was told I blow a fuse. It cost me almost $150 to have it fix co'z its not covered with warranty. Also, they remove all my LED lights & install the old (stock) one. All my LED's came from my Mazda 5 that I traded & it's a little bit confusing when they explain it to me of what happen. I am just writing this for you guys to be careful.

Thanks for the heads up x44. There is always risks involved whenever you change or upgrade parts in your vehicle and I always put that into consideration.

But that's unusual since LED bulbs only draw about a tenth the energy of standard incandescent OEM bulbs so it should not blow the fuse unless there was a short circuit somewhere.

Last edited:
Got to mount the 2 load resistors days ago using 3M body molding adhesive and without drilling holes in the body and yes, it worked well. I Checked the whole set up today and if the hot load resistor had affected it but it didn't.

Got to mount the 2 load resistors days ago using 3M body molding adhesive and without drilling holes in the body and yes, it worked well. I Checked the whole set up today and if the hot load resistor had affected it but it didn't.

Last monday I received my leds and resistors. The leds looks cool, I will try to install it next weekend.

The resistor is really big! wow, I imagine by looking the photos in amazon the resistors are small parts. This things are big, I believe the resistor will get really hot during long use.

Some photos I want to share:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Last monday I received my leds and resistors. The leds looks cool, I will try to install it next weekend.

The resistor is really big! wow, I imagine by looking the photos in amazon the resistors are small parts. This things are big, I believe the resistor will get really hot during long use.

Some photos I want to share:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Yup. The resistors are huge compared to the pictures shown in the web. They get hot indeed and from how hot it gets, they get as hot as an incandesecent bulbs.

Yup. The resistors are huge compared to the pictures shown in the web. They get hot indeed and from how hot it gets, they get as hot as an incandesecent bulbs.

The resistors are connected in pararell, right?.

With the leds and the resistor the blinking will be instantaneous, with no delay (like front leds) ??

The resistors are connected in pararell, right?.

With the leds and the resistor the blinking will be instantaneous, with no delay (like front leds) ??

Correct. Parallel. And it'll be instantaneous, sharp like the front LEDs.

There's no mounting holes that you can use below the light assembly so just use the 3M body molding tape. They resist heat.

Correct. Parallel. And it'll be instantaneous, sharp like the front LEDs.

thanks for the confirmation!

I can't wait. I will install it on the weekend.

I'm planning to upload a youtube video with the final results (to show the difference)

Exactly the right one. I bet you can get it locally.
I installed my rear turn leds today. Easy. 5 minute work.

Looks great.

I will purchase tomorrow the 3m tape but I would like to put the resistors with an screw in a metal surface because after a minute the resistor become hot. Hot.

Enviado desde mi SM-G800M mediante Tapatalk

I installed my rear turn leds today. Easy. 5 minute work.

Looks great.

I will purchase tomorrow the 3m tape but I would like to put the resistors with an screw in a metal surface because after a minute the resistor become hot. Hot.

I suggest you try the 3M tape first before you go drill into the body. This tape solves and its the easy fix I found which turned out to be great, and it didn't even melt after hours of LED light signal use.

I suggest you try the 3M tape first before you go drill into the body. This tape solves and its the easy fix I found which turned out to be great, and it didn't even melt after hours of LED light signal use.
Thanks. I will do that.

Results. Led upgrade (rear turn lights)

The bulb I purchased in Amazon fit but I need to remove an small part.

bulb.jpg

I don't know why this bulb have this small plastic tab. I removed that with heat using a soldering iron in 5 seconds. After that, the led bulb fit like factory designed.

Below small videos regarding hiperflash and final upgrade work done.

Video01: Hiperflash when the Resistor is not installed:

Video02: Led installed in the left turn signal. Right is the original bulb. See the difference:

Video03: Finished work

That would kickbutt! Let us know as I am ready to order once I find out if it's a pain to install or not.
The resistor is required. Check my previous post with a video and you will see how the led works in hyper flash when the resistoris not connected.

I just ordered some led bulbs to replace the vanity mirror bulbs.

Nice! post some pictures (before and after) when done.

I still need to change my rear plates lights. standard factory bulb are very yellow. I already have the leds but I'm unable to remove the plastic cap (mad)

Back