2016 Grand Touring LED upgrade

Got my LED back up lights installed. It's Day and night difference. I just tested it earlier just to see how it illuminates while backing up and it's super bright.

Stock bulb
670b9b0b3661c517bd3b370e9249012c.jpg

LED 6K.
813d44d1f172878491ef20c3c0c33cf0.jpg

Got my LED back up lights installed. It's Day and night difference. I just tested it earlier just to see how it illuminates while backing up and it's super bright.

Stock bulb
670b9b0b3661c517bd3b370e9249012c.jpg

LED 6K.
813d44d1f172878491ef20c3c0c33cf0.jpg
Can you share the link. Your's it's brighter than mine?[emoji844]

Enviado desde mi SM-G800M mediante Tapatalk

Can you share the link. Your's it's brighter than mine?[emoji844]

We have the same Philips 921 LED reverse light cubanomx. I don't know why mine seems to be brighter for you than yours. But definitely very white bright at night. Love it.

We have the same Philips 921 LED reverse light cubanomx. I don't know why mine seems to be brighter for you than yours. But definitely very white bright at night. Love it.
Good to know. Thanks. I believe was my idea because I was only able to see the light on reflections. I cannot just put reverse and walk to see the light [emoji4]

I will replace my rear turn lights for yellow leds soon.

Good to know. Thanks. I believe was my idea because I was only able to see the light on reflections. I cannot just put reverse and walk to see the light [emoji4]

I will replace my rear turn lights for yellow leds soon.

Same here. Still doing my research and on the market on what's best. Specially it involves adding a load resistor to have the rear turn signals blink normally.

I'll let someone try it before I do it so I know how tough it is.

Got to check what kind of bulb do we have as OEM. If it's 7440 or 7743. The application of load resistors to the 7443 is kind of tricky than compared to the 7440 as there's only 2 wires. Will check the manual when I'll have the chance.

It's a 7443 rear turn signal light bulb as listed in the manual. But a little bit warry though about the tapping that will be done for the load resistors as this might affect any warranty.

Last edited:
Phillips have good resistors in amazon. More expensive than regular ones but no tools need it for the connection. The cables from the resistor just clap into the 2 cables of the bulb.

Connection is not the concern but the heatsink location.

Phillips have good resistors in amazon. More expensive than regular ones but no tools need it for the connection. The cables from the resistor just clap into the 2 cables of the bulb.

Connection is not the concern but the heatsink location.

The load resistor I was referring doesn't require cutting too. But it has to be connected to the OEM wires via the included hardware that makes a small cut to it so that current will flow thru the resistor before going to the bulb. My concern is as soon as there's a tiny cut in the OEM wires, that might raised a concern regarding warranty. I wish there's a LED bulb that has a built in load resistor in it.

The load resistor I was referring doesn't require cutting too. But it has to be connected to the OEM wires via the included hardware that makes a small cut to it so that current will flow thru the resistor before going to the bulb. My concern is as soon as there's a tiny cut in the OEM wires, that might raised a concern regarding warranty. I wish there's a LED bulb that has a built in load resistor in it.
The resistor is connected in pararell not serial so there is no need to cut the cables.

There is no available leds with built in resistor because it's a high wattage resistor. Heatsink and disipation it's required.

The resistor is connected in pararell not serial so there is no need to cut the cables.

There will still be a tiny cut in the OEM wire when spliced using the quick wire T tap included.

There will still be a tiny cut in the OEM wire when spliced using the quick wire T tap included.
Yes. I don't believe in case of mechanical or electronic check they will see that minor Marks on the cable!, no? This cuts will be hidden because the cables are not exposed.

Yes. I don't believe in case of mechanical or electronic check they will see that minor Marks on the cable!, no? This cuts will be hidden because the cables are not exposed.

So have you shopped around on which LED turn signal bulb and load resistors to buy? It's a 7443 bulb so I'm assuming it functions as a park light too.

Same here. Still doing my research and on the market on what's best. Specially it involves adding a load resistor to have the rear turn signals blink normally.

I just purchase the led amber bulbs and resistors for my cx9 GT rear turn signals. the cx9 front turn leds looks really futuristics... the rear regular natural amber bulbs looks old!

I get both led and resistor on sylvania brand.

according to the manual, we use Wy21w (7443na) I purchased 7443 AMBER . 7443NA is Natural Amber so this must works. I expect to receive the box from amazon next week and will post results with photos.

I just purchase the led amber bulbs and resistors for my cx9 GT rear turn signals. the cx9 front turn leds looks really futuristics... the rear regular natural amber bulbs looks old!

I get both led and resistor on sylvania brand.

according to the manual, we use Wy21w (7443na) I purchased 7443 AMBER . 7443NA is Natural Amber so this must works. I expect to receive the box from amazon next week and will post results with photos.

I have a pair of 7743s and load resistors coming too. Hopefully I can be able to install it early next.

I believe we need to try without the resistor first because perhaps the electric design it's ready for led.

I'll check on it once I'll get my hands on those new LED bulbs but I doubt it. It'll surely gives us the hyper flash because of how it's designed and how the current flows to those OEM bulbs. Had a conversation with a local accessory dealer here in my area last week and he tried installing an LED bulb on a new CX-5. At first he taught the LED install doesn't need the load resistor since when he tested it with the hazard lights on, it didn't do hyper flash but it was another story when he switched it on signal.

But let's see how it goes on ours. I can't wait.

Got my goodies today which was very surprising. Super fast shipping from the vendor.

And luckily I got some free time so I went ahead and install it. Pulled out the light assembly which was a little bit tricky and hard.. If you're going on this route, pull it out slowly and put something around it to cover the body paint. Some parts of the light assembly are kinda sharp enought to scratch the paint.

Pretty much straightforward install as there are only 2 wires to mess with. Easy enough to clip the 2 load resistor wires to the black and green OEM bulb wires. Just be sure that you use pliers and press hard when connecting the quick clips. And make sure that the OEM wires goes in line in the groove within the quick clips.

As for the load resistors, since they can't be mounted to anything that melts (they get hot pretty fast), I just let it hang under the light housing. If they get in contact with anything, it'll be on the metal body of the vehicle and not at the back of the bumper. Still trying to figure out if there's a way to mount it on the metal body without drilling.

So here's the comparison.

OEM turn signal bulb

And the new LED 7443 turn signal bulb. Superbright, more defind amber color like the LEDs in the front and blinks sharper than the OEMs.

Last edited:
Back