2016 Grand Touring LED upgrade

Thank you for encourage me. I will try next week. My cx9 is on the shop because a drunk hit my door. not too much but a 125 USD work.

I would love to have the nice white led light and not the stupid yellow 19 century light installed on the factory.

I already have leds on the turn signals so I cannot wait to have white nice lights in my plates!

Hey cubano... don’t think I ever saw if you were able to finally do the license plate led replacement or not. Mine was long overdue. I finally got to it today because I had some spare leds from a set I bought for my Miata. I wasn’t to sure about it at first but it turns out that you do have to put a some strength to it. I doubt that you’ll break it. Boy what a difference!!!!! It’s soooooo much nicer. Don’t know why I waited so long.

Hey cubano... dont think I ever saw if you were able to finally do the license plate led replacement or not. Mine was long overdue. I finally got to it today because I had some spare leds from a set I bought for my Miata. I wasnt to sure about it at first but it turns out that you do have to put a some strength to it. I doubt that youll break it. Boy what a difference!!!!! Its soooooo much nicer. Dont know why I waited so long.

Thanks for encourage me to do this. Yes, I still have the old yellow looking in my Cx9 :(

I don't even remember where is the led I purchased but as soon as I found it, I will try again or go to a car shop to request some help. Again, I deal on regular basis opening complex electronic equipment for repair but this license plate led replacement is just a nightmare! I'm really bad to handle car work (speakers in doors, leds on different places, etc). I'm good with electronics but bad with all the manual labor stuff.

Thanks for encourage me to do this. Yes, I still have the old yellow looking in my Cx9 :(

I don't even remember where is the led I purchased but as soon as I found it, I will try again or go to a car shop to request some help. Again, I deal on regular basis opening complex electronic equipment for repair but this license plate led replacement is just a nightmare! I'm really bad to handle car work (speakers in doors, leds on different places, etc). I'm good with electronics but bad with all the manual labor stuff.

When you do try again, keep in mind that the bulb cover is actually a very strong piece. Extremely hard to break. Don’t be afraid to put a good amount of strength into it. Oh, and use a decent sized screw driver. At first I tried taking it off with plastic auto trim removing tools and couldn’t get it done. It’d be hard with a small screw driver too.

Back